Sign in to follow this  
bentway

Viewing/Breaking Xpresso connections?

I'm setting up a particle system that will be repurposed in multiple places, so I created a Null with a lot of user data elements as a master control for the scene, and linked those user data nodes up to the various controlled nodes via Xpresso. 

For some reason one of my controls (particle lifespan) is being multiplied by 30 when it goes to the actual particle lifespan, so I wanted to delete and reconnect the expression and hopefully get it back to a one-to-one relationship, or at least see where this 30x is coming from.

The problem is that I am unable to go back and view or remove those connections after the fact. Clicking on any of the nodes/revealing any of the ports doesn't show the wires, and even manually (re?)connecting them and then breaking that wire isn't changing anything. How can I get Xpresso to show me all active connections--the equivalent of "Graph Input and Output Connections" in Maya's Node Editor? I want to look deeper under the hood than it seems to want to let me, or at the very least break this one connection.

There is a lot hooked up in the scene, so going back and recreating the emitter and all connections is not an efficient workaround. Trying to learn to fish, rather than to throw a rock at some fish and hope the expressions work.