Cinema 4D Plugins

Intenditore

Alternate effector influence?

Intenditore    0

Hi Cafe. I'm really curious.

I want to set some random weight for cloners, so this weight would alternate the amount of next effector influence. In particular scene this is shader effector making a wave, it is restricted by 100% box falloff. But as soon as I add random effector before it, strange thing happens. I starts to push the Shader eff. influence beyond the falloff.

The amount of randomness changes the expansion, it looks weird. And it happens very rapidly for cloners, not anyhow smooth. It's like a kind of erosion happening from the edge of falloff gizmo. Simultaneously there's absolutely not effect on the central cones. ***?

I need very simple thing - random eff. sets the weights for each cloner. This weight than works as a multiplier for for the next effector. And it definitely must not make the eff. expand it's falloff! And it I change the weight in Random it should change smoothly the flyout of clones. I think, nope?

How to reach the result and what am I doing wrong? Please advice

The scene is in attachment

ezgif-5-da05774c34.gif

wave_cloner_flat.c4d

HSrdelic    2,701

If I understood your problem correctly, the issue is that your second effector (shader) is still using it's own weighting, so set the shader effector weight under it's falloff tab to 0%

Intenditore    0
  • Topic Author
  • 7 hours ago, HSrdelic said:

If I understood your problem correctly, the issue is that your second effector (shader) is still using it's own weighting, so set the shader effector weight under it's falloff tab to 0%

I have tried this. It works wrong (for my purposes) way. It actually shrinks the area affected by the effector beyond the falloff and does not solve the problem, the "border" of falloff remains "shuffled"

HSrdelic    2,701

It doesn't work wrong, it gives correct result but that is not what you want obviously :)

Can you state exactly what effect you are after without using any technical terminology? I believe there is some noise that prevents you from getting a solution...

Intenditore    0
  • Topic Author
  • I need to introduce some randomness to the amount of influence the shader effector gives. Like every clone get it's own random weight, and this weight is then used as a multiplier for next effector (shader in this instance, but it may be any other one). Of course I need to maintain the correct falloff.

What you suggested does not work like that

HSrdelic    2,701

Must admit that I am having difficulties following what you are after. When you use effector weighting, you are just assigning weight state which is then used for next effector if it's own weights is falloff is set to 0%.  If you are looking to confine the effect to box, then the effector which is providing weight should have box falloff, and following one should be infinite...

Intenditore    0
  • Topic Author
  • Really can't get why falloff messes with weights at all.

Is there any clean explanation? I wonder how it works