• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
C4DS

Scroll2Object

A member over at CGTalk requested a way to select an object in the viewport and let the Object Manager automatically update its view to show the selected object, no matter the dense hierarchy.

There is, by default, in the Object Manager's menu an entry "Scroll to First Active" which can be called using the shortcut key "S".

I created a small plugin to perform this automatically, and also provided an option to enable or disable this behaviour. The option is added into the Object Manager's menu, as a toggle entry right after the "Scroll to First Active". Enabled by default.

Included zip file should be extracted into the plugins folder.

Scroll2Object v11.zip

Thank you C4DS your plugin is very helpful for me

• Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, ANAFREE said:

Thank you C4DS your plugin is very helpful for me

Glad it's useful.

And thanks for providing feedback. Very much appreciated.

I wish everyone downloading and using this and other plugins would do so, as it provides the motivation to work on other plugins.

• Topic Author
  • I am providing an update to the plugin, which resolves an issue I encountered when performing a "Revert to Saved ...".

(updated plugin provided in first post)

Nice one!
    Very cool, that it lives as an toggle option in the OM - feels just native. 

:signthankspin: