Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and C4D. I was trying to align a camera to a spline and keep getting a jump or a skip overtime the camera passes a certain point in the spline. 

there are no keyframes where it skips and when I do a simulation not in the camera view, the camera moves along the spline just fine. 

I've attached a video where you can see it skip/the fabric (using x particles) jumps to a different position as opposed to a gradual flow. 

I hope it's something really simple that I'm overlooking. If anyone can help me out with this workflow I'd really appreciate it. 

hope al is well,

Ignacio 

C4Dquestion-camera.mp4

Cerbera    1,968

You are obviously not using C4D version: None. Please update that to what you are using, as this can affect the advice you will get.

CBR

jaimem    1

Good manners go a long way. If you want help from the masters just be polite, kind.

IgnacioPerez    0
  • Topic Author
  • I agree. I was responding to the attitude I received from cebera. Don't know why they responded to me the way they did on my first post ever. Definitely does not make me want to return or defer to the masters here. 

Cerbera    1,968
    2 hours ago, IgnacioPerez said:

I agree. I was responding to the attitude I received from cebera. Don't know why they responded to me the way they did on my first post ever. Definitely does not make me want to return or defer to the masters here. 

That's not attitude, it's Moderation, which is my job here.  You are asking for help, yet not telling us the most basic information we need to be able to do so. I'd suggest that if anybody's attitude is problematic, that would be yours.

CBR

IgnacioPerez    0
  • Topic Author
  • 27 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

That's not attitude, it's Moderation, which is my job here.  You are asking for help, yet not telling us the most basic information we need to be able to do so. I'd suggest that if anybody's attitude is problematic, that would be yours.

CBR

copy that. I was able to go to another forum and get an answer much easier and with less hassle. guess this isn't the place for me. 

Your inability to recognize your response as having attitude doesn't make me want to return to a site where you "moderate". your grammar confused me and I interpreted you as saying" "you're not using c4D". good luck with that. 

Cerbera    1,968
    11 minutes ago, IgnacioPerez said:

Your inability to recognize your response as having attitude doesn't make me want to return to a site where you "moderate". your grammar confused me and I interpreted you as saying" "you're not using c4D". good luck with that. 

It was me who typed it, and me who is aware of what attitude I had when I did so - I was merely trying to avoid our members having to start by asking you which version you're using, and that is all. You would have been asked when you joined to complete your profile, and is frustrating for members to have to ask you every time you need help. You have inferred hostility where there was genuinely none, and if you're doing so is reason enough for you to desert one of the best resources anywhere for C4D, I can't help you can I ? :/

CBR

Isleofgough    28

Mr. Perez: this is one of the more helpful forums if not the best for C4D. Many of the answers to issues do depend on the version and type of C4D installation. Cerebra is one of the most instructive people (and spends a lot of time outlining each step) here as well as a moderator, and he asks everyone here to update their profile. I myself have forgotten to do it after an upgrade, (and was told to update it) but doing so really helps others give advice specific to your installation.

if you upload your file, we can probably help.

• Namaste 1

jaimem    1

I do not think anybody will miss Mr. Perez' attitude. Hasta la vista baby! Asking someone to update their profile before they get time saving professional and creative help is just common sense and no reason to get defensive. 

Isleofgough    28

It can come off as rude to someone who doesn’t understand the differences between versions and types of installation to be told you haven’t done something after asking your first question. However those who have followed this forum know how important this is. Giving a mograph solution to someone who doesn’t have that option or explaining why the knife tool doesn’t work in some older version show why Cerbera is right about requesting this information. Unfortunately the anonymity and lack of knowledge of others can create an environment that appears rude on forums and internet sites. It is probably best to give others a break. There are several experienced teachers on the forum, but this forum isn’t about devotion to “masters”. Being polite on the forums will likely result in people taking time out to help and explain issues. Compared with most other forums, this rates high on professionalism and respect.

jed    312

I'd like to see a sticky at the top of each section -

'IMPORTANT - always check poster's version before replying'

I've lost count of the number of times I've suggested a new tool, only to realize later the dude was on R14 Prime etc.