Sign in to follow this  
Onions

.lib4d texture paths

Hi Everyone,

I recently upgraded from r16 to r19.  When i bring my preset libraries in to use on projects, my coworkers end up with broken texture links because the libraries are using "suggested paths" for the textures (just the file name).  I have found a work around: when i open the preset library, I immediately open the texture manager and globalize all file paths.  This converts the suggested path (just the file name) to the real path (preset://new.lib4d/"filename"). This allows the textures to be pulled from my coworkeres corresponding preset libraries.  After I globalize texture paths in a preset library, c4d wont let me resave the library with the updated paths and from what i have read, there isnt really a way to edit libraries.  Does anyone know how to create a preset library where the textures use the real path or a setting in c4d that makes the textures use the real path instead of the suggested path?  Hope this makes sense.

Thank you in advance!

Hi there

The browser behaves a little bit differently depending on what kind of asset you drag in to the browser. 

If you drag a material the texture will be dragged with it but if you drag a scene you need to drag in the textures manually. 

But before you do that you need to make sure and “save project with assets”. Once you do that you can then drag your scenes and textures in a library and everything will work fine. 

Hope that helps