Sign in to follow this  
vidijour

How to delete selected UVs?

vidijour    0

Apologies for the very simple question, but I'm having trouble deleting selected UVs in BodyPaint. I selected them using the Rectangle Select tool in the Viewport. In the UV editor, I selected Edit > Delete, but the UVs are still there. I also tried pressing Del on my keyboard, but no luck. The UVs are definitely selectable, and the option to delete is not grayed - it's an available action, it just doesn't do anything.

Am I missing something simple here? 

Thanks!

Cerbera    1,968

You can't, and never have been able to delete individual UVs. You can delete the whole tag, but if there is UV tag there, then every polygon has an equivalent UV polygon, and you cannot break that link without deleting the polygon - you can only move the UV poly, never remove it.

CBR

vidijour    0
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks for the explanation, Cerbera! Does it seem to you like that would be a useful feature? I only ask because I'm transitioning from Maya, and this is something you can do in Maya's UV Edit tool.

Cerbera    1,968
    1 hour ago, vidijour said:

Does it seem to you like that would be a useful feature? I only ask because I'm transitioning from Maya, and this is something you can do in Maya's UV Edit tool.

No, the whole concept of deleting UVs seems weird and alien to me - I can't imagine why you'd ever want to do this ! :) Can you tell me why this is useful to you ?

CBR