terrachild

R19 Rig 'Female Clothed' won't scale

terrachild    0

I loaded in the rigged character 'Female Clothed' from the Content Browser, but I can't get her to scale without distorting.
How do you scale this rig?

Thanks

Cerbera    1,966

First go into the model null and disable the skin deformer. Then Make sure you are in Object Mode, not Model Mode, and scaling should work.

When it's the right scale, re-enable the skin deformer, then I think you have to reset bind pose in the weight tag...

CBR

Rectro    676

Hi

First of all why do you want to scale it, its set up correct for the lighting, dynamics, and materials in C4D.?  The best way is to copy the object into a new blank scene and use the scale project from the edit menu, copy and paste it back into your original scene.  If your original scene has nothing else in it such as props or other objects then just scale that scene using the same method, also handy if you have other objects in scene that you wish to scale with it.  In the project scale your have a  (Current scale) and (Target Scale)  I find it best to get the scale on the Y axis of the current object such as the rigged character,  or make a cube the same height.  Once you get that Y axis then you put this into the (Current scale) field, this way when you type in the (Target Scale) field you can scale as you choose such as if the character was too large like 550mm and you wanted 170mm these would be the two figures.

Dan

terrachild    0
  • Topic Author
  • Rectro,  there are many reasons to scale a rig; for my application, I was trying to match it to another object in the scene. 

I'll try the 'Current Scale' and 'Target Scale' trick.  I didn't know that.

Cerbera, that did the trick.  But you have to select every weight tag in the rigged character (use the magnifier glass icon), there are 15 in this character, and press 'Set Bind Pose', not 'Reset Bind Pose', that will mess things up.

Thanks guys.

BretBays    22

You should be able to put everything into a null, and just scale the null with the Object tool. If done that way you shouldn't need to reset any weight tags.

Rectro    676
    1 hour ago, BretBays said:

You should be able to put everything into a null, and just scale the null with the Object tool. If done that way you shouldn't need to reset any weight tags.

Unfortunately that dont seem to work that simple. Turn the skin tag/s off , scale the woman clothed in Object mode, then turn the skin back on the mesh is messed up.  You do have to set the bind pose for every single weight tag, there is quite a few to select, reset bind pose just puts her back to her default scale again.

Dan