Hey, you need a renderfarm? If that's the case, make sure you check this topic for more info! 

heysprad

Keyframes not working on material change

heysprad    0

Hello, 

I have a file that has a cloner with four spheres (cloned to make many more) that has a delay, random, and sound affecting it.

I'm wanting the spheres to change colors at two particular times in the song. I try adding keyframes at frame 1, 454, and 908 by Command + Clicking  (I'm on a Macbook Pro) the "color" radio button in materials, but the keyframes are not "sticking" and I am left with the last color I changed the spheres to throughout the whole timeline.

I was successful in getting the background to change colors at the exact time that I was wanting, but I cannot figure out how I did it correctly/differently than I am treating the spheres within the cloner. 

I'm still very new at C4D, so let me know if I need to supply more information for an answer! 

maliohammad    309

Hello, 

since you are using Cinema 4d R17 you have to click the circle only, no cmd or ctrl needed.

Another thing I can think of is where you put your keyframe, you can do it as in the picture below (just tested it)

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 12.13.08 PM.png

heysprad    0
  • Topic Author
  • That second radio button worked! Thank you for your help!