Hey, you need a renderfarm? If that's the case, make sure you check this topic for more info! 

as for attached screenshot, the teapot spout I want to melt it into the sphere body...they are both 2 different objects, I tried the Metaball but it's results are catastrophic....the mesh is messed up the outcome shape is homogeneous (2nd image) + the system is really slow counting down the polygons....

i think there might be another work around....3rd image is a reference of what I want 

here is a link to the file if you want to mess with it: http://www.mediafire.com/file/sptrrvc8444a6tj/teapot2.c4d/file  

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 19,41,36.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 19,52,30.png

5010853158921-theiere-rouge_2.jpg

Smashkhaledo    1
  • Topic Author
  • Just now, gorispieter said:

Can't you just bridge the polygons of the 2 openings?

there is a method I concluded that using boole: A union B I can merge the 2 objects as one, but still they intersect each other, and the edges at the intersection line is trianglated...so I can't bevel it smoothly

gorispieter    1

Boole object you should stay away from as much as possible.

Best thing is make 2 openings I think, 1 in teapot, 1 in the sprout. And then bridge the polygons together if you have an equal amount.

bezo    536

...since it is very simple object (in terms of topology), create new one from the scratch as lowpoly object under SDS 

Smashkhaledo    1
  • Topic Author
  • Just now, jaimem said:

I just used a free script (attached) which does a great time saving job.

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 2.36.54 PM.png

EDIT-OPTIMIZE.zip

teapot3.c4d

thanks but i can get the same result with boole, it doesn't have the same melting effect like attached 

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 20,50,33.png

gorispieter    1

You can only get that with bridging or somehow melting them together. Make a new one as suggested ans make sure you have equal polygons in both objects so you can bridge or weld the points together. Then you can make the melting as sharp as you want with making some control cuts. That's how I would do it.

Smashkhaledo    1
  • Topic Author
  • Just now, gorispieter said:

You can only get that with bridging or somehow melting them together. Make a new one as suggested ans make sure you have equal polygons in both objects so you can bridge or weld the points together. Then you can make the melting as sharp as you want with making some control cuts. That's how I would do it.

I don't know how to do that...I think it's gonna be a loong process....I can only craft each item alone and connect them.....I think there might be some easy solution! 

gorispieter    1

If you are new to modelling you should definitely look for 'shepard oneill' on youtube. He has a several Sub D modelling video's that can help you model something like this. You get direct result with watching the video's so it's very satisfying?

Why do you need the teapot? Client or just for fun?

maliohammad    309

3D modeling isn't a fast process that you can do in a few clicks. A proper model with nice topology will require a lot of time and patience to do, but once you master the basics of all quad modeling you should be able to make such objects in a few minutes (such a teapot is so simple to make)