Sign in to follow this  
Hrvoje

CINEMA 4D R20 OVERVIEW

• Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, geosautus said:

Of course, I'm just talking about the UI itself. If the devs have access to the nodal material UI the same way they have access to the xpresso UI? I would love to use the new interface in Redshift.

I will have to ask around since I am not sure, but afaik, API exists but I am not sure if it will be available to plugin devs immediately...

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, Fastbee said:

Mograph fields - Do stuff you could already do in R19, but a little easier.

Since I am heavily involved in this I can just state that you are way wrong. Sure you can do stuff from R19 easier, but that is just a bonus. Fields are number one feature for me in R20 and once people get hold off it you will see why that is the case

• Topic Author
  • Folks, hope you don't miss some impressive R20 work from Joe

here

and here

It looks like MAXON put a lot of work into this release, and I look forward to playing with it. The mograph updates and nodal material rendering is exciting. However, it looks like MAXON is strengthening was was already strong (motion graphics) rather than fixing the weak areas (body point, character animation, some modeling deficiencies, lack of fluids or good particle system). I don't think it will really compete with Houdini for high end motion graphics, but I hope it will be stable and fast. Stability was always the best feature of the program for me.

9 minutes ago, Isleofgough said:

I don't think it will really compete with Houdini for high end motion graphics, but I hope it will be stable and fast. Stability was always the best feature of the program for me.

To be fair, C4D / Xparticles requires zero knowledge of scripting to be proficient with it.. while Houdini on the other hand....

Is there Dirt shader in new material node system ?

1 minute ago, Anafree said:

Is there Dirt shader in new material node system ?

Probably can be faked with AO and noises

3 minutes ago, luchifer said:

Probably can be faked with AO and noises

Thank you lauchfer, yes that would be a good way to do it

42 minutes ago, luchifer said:

To be fair, C4D / Xparticles requires zero knowledge of scripting to be proficient with it.. while Houdini on the other hand....

No need for scripting either. But if you need more control VEX is there.

1 hour ago, HSrdelic said:

I will have to ask around since I am not sure, but afaik, API exists but I am not sure if it will be available to plugin devs immediately...

Aoktar, the developer of the Octane plugin, said the nodal interface is not part of the R20 SDK. I hope he is just mistaken. That would put a serious damper on my R20 enthusiasm.

Fingers crossed!