QuasarJoe

R20 ProRender render test

Hi, here is a R20 ProRender render test of mine. Render with an AMD WX9100 GPU, 600 iterations, 2560*1280 output about 0.5 hours. This scene shows these features: Performance Improvements/Subsurface Scattering/Multi Passes.

Cheers,
Yan

Garage_RPR_Final_600_8Bits_sRGB4_Fixed_Eyelashes.jpg

Garage_RPR_Fun.jpg

• Like 2

best render i've seen so far with prorender, but 30 minutes still seems a bit slow to me. but i'll definitely give it another try as soon as i got my copy.

Quality wise it's getting there, but 30 minutes.... That'd need to be at least 10x faster to be competitive with 3rd party gpu renderers.

Really nice piece of work, thanks for sharing. 

I do believe that the WX9100 is a rather excessive GPU at around £1500 so while the art work and results are nice, for such a GPU id expect it to render significantly faster. I would like to see how fast this renders on a above average  GPU such as a GTX 1080.

Dan

• Like 3

Great Work! Good to see that prorender is evolving in order to help artists in their work.

I just have one question since your character has a little of hair. Does prorender supports hair rendering and hair material in this version? or it's geometric hair ?

cheers

jbatista

I like render quality of ProRender, but it's much slower then Redshift, Octane and others, think it will need couple more releases to be more comparable with them, speed wise, and features.