Intenditore

Weird reflection and whadow passes

I faced a strange thing. I'm compositing passes and getting almost matching results except.. Reflection pass and something alse... Take a look please

1) There's a strange difference in reflections. Sharp edges have much harsher look like it's wrong AA settings, but those are beauty and pass rendered in one attempt;

2) The light underneath is lost. It's the effect of shadow pass somehow

2018-08-04_02-30-28.thumb.png.26f8457b7bf420ec3d55acf1946dbd32.png

I cannot get how can reflection pass be different to the one used in "composed" by C4D beauty pass and what am I doing wrong with shadow pass that I have lost all the light?

I would be glad if you can tell me what's wrong. I know composed image is always different, but it should not be that way(

Rendered images - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1byvuQ2hMBzpXxjiJpDN6RePd7KKP5DM0/view?usp=sharing

• Topic Author
  • I simply can't get how to compose in shadow pass to have BOTH the lighting on the floor AND the shadows on it

Never had such problems before :\

I couldn't match it in pshop either. Im not an expert in multi pass but it is possible there are other elements involved, maybe an ambient pass and a refraction pass maybe.

Just a thought

Deck

• Topic Author
  • I thought so too. But I have found out this is not the case, I have no AO or refraction, I rendered those passes to test it and they were blank.

What's relating to shadow. I have a clue... That this is a strange result of summing shadows from different lights. BUT WHY is that happening that way? Is it my fault or misunderstanding or render's issue?

• Topic Author
  • One more funny thing. Even when I want to exclude shadows form beauty by applying it in "divide" mode (opposite to "multiply" that's usually is used for shadows and AO) the results are... Not even close to expected.

When I "exclude" reflection pass it seems to work as it should, but thin dark edges appear indicating mismatch between pass and beauty

2018-08-04_15-37-53.png

The missing light appears to be bounced light, which is part of GI calculation, but I don't see a GI pass in your renders.

• Topic Author
  • You know, you're somehow right. But I didn't use GI. The pass I had missed was Illumination. But that's not all the story, I had to shift colour very harshly to come somehow close to beauty, for example look at THAT curve, one of a few.

So, despite that issue was mainly my flaw, for some reason the passes are, no doubt, very different.

But the problem with reflection pass remains anyway

2018-08-07_14-42-28.png

Use the Object_1 pass as an Alpha Inverted Matte to the Reflection pass to fix the edges.