Hi,
I need help with an architectural render I'm working on, for some reason, when I dd interior area lights o light up a few of the rooms, it's as if it dulls the sunlight in the exterior and the render turns out washed out. The shadows all but disappear and the sunlight isn't as intense, any help is appreciated.
Image 1 is the proper scene without the interior lights, image 2 is the same image once i add the interior area lights.

1.jpg

2.jpg

It is hard to tell without any pics of the light setup or the scene file. Please upload a sample file with the lights with cubes instead of the building so others can help.

• Topic Author
  • 16 hours ago, maliohammad said:

It is hard to tell without any pics of the light setup or the scene file. Please upload a sample file with the lights with cubes instead of the building so others can help.

Before I do that, I've noticed that it happens when I have a lot of those interior lights, once I delete like half of them, the scene renders normally.

Is having too many sources of light a problem for vray or am I just missing a setting?

• Topic Author
  • 17 hours ago, maliohammad said:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1SqJcrIbQOscpgd5tfWhlJA66OdI6Etsx

That's the link to the c4d file, let me know if you can access it.

39 minutes ago, Heishijager said:

Is having too many sources of light a problem for vray

You had to mention the render name and post it in the "3rd party renderers" section, otherwise people will assume it is C4D default renderer. 

I don't use vray at all, so maybe after editing the post you will get help from other v-ray users.

In the VRayBridge render settngs, goto Options and under the Lighting section set Enable Probabilistic Lights to Adaptive or Full Evaluation. Each setting will increase render time. I prefer Adaptive as it is a middle ground.

What's happening is that with Uniform Probabilistic setting of 16 means that VRay will sample 16 lights in the scene and interpolate from there. This is usually fine for small scenes with a few lights, but in larger scenes with lots of lights it doesn't get an accurate calculation.

Additionally, I now see that your lights are set to 'no decay', which is incorrect setting. You've basically set them to shine like the sun! Normal lights have a natural falloff, also known as decay, which you've turned off.