Animation tool - rotation not working

Hi

Can you give me some more information about what you mean by "fitting the character to the scene"?  Also when you say "I found out this animation tool" what tool are you refering to Mixamo, C4D, or a tool within one of these applciations?  Im am also wondering what it is your trying to translate as most joints rotate not translate?

When animation is applied to a mixamo character rig the rotation is controlled by the key frames for that animation and will not let you simply add your own on top without removing the original keys first.  You may use the NLA system , or animatino layers to some degree to overide some keys that are already present but your need some knowledge to the motion clip system, and animation layers of which I have made some extensive videos on.

Dan

26 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Hi

Can you give me some more information about what you mean by "fitting the character to the scene"?  Also when you say "I found out this animation tool" what tool are you refering to Mixamo, C4D, or a tool within one of these applciations?  Im am also wondering what it is your trying to translate as most joints rotate not translate?

When animation is applied to a mixamo character rig the rotation is controlled by the key frames for that animation and will not let you simply add your own on top without removing the original keys first.  You may use the NLA system , or animatino layers to some degree to overide some keys that are already present but your need some knowledge to the motion clip system, and animation layers of which I have made some extensive videos on.

Dan

"Animation Tool" I mean that can found in Cinema 4d: https://imgur.com/a/2Hv6N

You didnt provide me with the other questions I had, but anyhow in that video it shows you are able to rotate so you need to clear up what is it your having a problem with, and what your trying to achieve?

If you want to make the character walk along a align to spline and the character is no aligning itself to the direction of the spline when you need to turn Tangentical on, this will make it align along the z axis and if your character walking backwards let me know, but without any more info there is no point to continuing guessing.  Your best to put character into a pivot object in any case if thats your aim.

Dan

40 minutes ago, Rectro said:

You didnt provide me with the other questions I had, but anyhow in that video it shows you are able to rotate so you need to clear up what is it your having a problem with, and what your trying to achieve?

If you want to make the character walk along a align to spline and the character is no aligning itself to the direction of the spline when you need to turn Tangentical on, this will make it align along the z axis and if your character walking backwards let me know, but without any more info there is no point to continuing guessing.  Your best to put character into a pivot object in any case if thats your aim.

Dan

I added my model to a null object and it worked. Thank you ! I have another problem... I want to rotate the camera in the camare view mode around itself, but It keeps rotating away from my scene. Can you help me with this please ? I want to make a camera look down animation. 

If you mean get the camera to rotate around a object/character you can make a null the same position as the object/character and parent the camera to the null,  Key frame the null 360 degrees, or you use a target camera and have the target set to the object./character.  If it was a 360 degree rotation around a object another option is to use a Helix spline and align to spline using a target camera to it. (see file)

Dan

camera 360 degrees.c4d

On ١٩‏/٨‏/٢٠١٨ at 8:10 PM, Angelaa said:

I added my model to a null object and it worked. Thank you ! I have another problem... I want to rotate the camera in the camare view mode around itself, but It keeps rotating away from my scene. Can you help me with this please ? I want to make a camera look down animation. 

Screenshot_3.png

2 hours ago, Anafree said:

I want to rotate the camera in the camare view mode around itself, but It keeps rotating away from my scene

Im not sure how to help you on this as I dont understand what your asking or trying to do.  The area your going into is for navigation, I personalty never go there unless I want to look through another object such as a light.

The Navigation menu gives you some ways in which you navigate the scene, by default it may be on cursor mode so where you have the cursor is the point in which you rotate around using the default scene camera, these navigation presets have different ways in which the default camera pivots around  the scene so if when you move the camera it rotates away from the object and you dont want that then you need to be in object mode, or cursor mode but this camera is not the scene camera in which you use for your animation, its for just getting around the scene, navigation.

If you wish not to use the default camera but look through your own added camera as a navigation view then  select the camera you have added then click on (Select active object as camera)  this will look through the z axis of the object or camera chosen and will work with one the Navigation modes such as cursor mode.  I find this method nice to looking through a light object to see from its perspective on what its pointing at.  If you want to look through a camera you have made not as part of the navigation around the scene but for animation usage then just click on the cross hair in the object manager next to the camera.  Remember you also have a target camera to keep its focus on a object, you have align to spline to make it move along a spline path.  When you use the Target camera option you can either use a null which is handy as you can animate the position of the null as well as the camera, or you can just select the main object in which the camera will continue to point at.

When I animate a camera I do not do it by changing to camera mode, I directly animate the camera in the scene and use the target or align to spline.  I also use the stage object or use camera morph.

Here is a good video to get you going in the camera department.  His videos are very good, clear and concise.

Dan