Sign in to follow this  
thanulee

Displacer doesnt match my color

Hi, i use a noise to drive a displacer but the displacer is different than the color channel, like it has different uvs or something. Any thoughts?
Here is scene file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yryd4j5fys3jjlv/displacer match problem.c4d?dl=0

thanks !

Hi thanulee,
Are you using octane render engine Or C4D standard renderer ? because your scene have an octane render setting with standard C4D material....

• Topic Author
  • Hello, i use octane in general. But without rendering if u see in the viewport the standard c4d mat doesnt match the displacement as well

Seems kind of as I would expect in my viewport, or maybe Im missing something.

Deck

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 12.32.33.png

• Topic Author
  • Oh... this is really weird... here i see something else on the material and something else on the displacement.. Thanks for the info though
    edit: ur right, the material preview in viewport is wrong , on render is ok! Is that fixable? ty

It is all a bit weird as i don't get any viewport render in your file, but if I copy and paste into new file it seems completely different. Dunno if it makes any difference but I don't think you need the texture on the displacer, you just drag the texture on the plain into the displacer field, I think :)

deck

• Topic Author
  • Press NQ and u ll see viewport preview on the plane. Is it correct?

Ah, no textures. No the viewport display doesn't look right, but Im not sure any of the noises display properly in the viewport, don't think Ive ever been able to do that. Most annoyingly with the wood shader.

Deck

Think I've got it, and really useful for me too.

In the options menu of the viewport there is a box for noises, turn that one on and it all looks as it should, time to give that wood shader another try.

Deck

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 14.20.58.png

• Topic Author
  • Thanks mate, also i spoke with octane dev in anyone interested, noise has to be on UV (2d) mode so they match :) cheers