your sketch looks fine, the problem with your 3D version is that you're clinging on to too much detail that fights with the cartoony proportions. notice that in your sketch the whole body - from chest to feet - form a clean line, while your 3D model still has detailed and somewhat realistic muscle definition, defined hips and so on. i mean it's all about which style you wanna go for, maybe you just have something different in mind when you say cartoony than i do. but most people would characterize cartoony with much simpler and cleaner shapes.

Hmmm , as Fresh pointed out at the moment it's looking weird because you now have more stylised proportions but still have a relatively realistic look, and usually these don't really go together well, if you're going for stylised I'd soften things up a bit so it all flows from top to bottom more smoothly so the whole character has a nice silloette, at the moment he kind of looks like a dwaf with a stretched torso 

• Topic Author
  • Now I'll have to re-texture him completely, but I think he looks much better now. Thank you all very much for pointing that out!

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-31 um 15.10.38.png

Looking way better now.  The arm length should be so the hands are just below the butt area.  I feel like the hands and feet are a little big.  If you look at your sketch it pretty much says the same thing as what I'm saying here.

• Topic Author
  • Marvelous Designer is so awesome. I have to admit though, that the suit was bought and just customized by me. Erm. Trousers are too long, still.

turnsakko01.jpg

• Topic Author
  • Quite some effort, this Marvelous Designer. For just a standing pose, you have to have an animation from A-pose to the desired one, export from C4D to MD, calculate, export back to C4D.

But the result is totally worth it, with C4Ds native cloth engine only usable for curtains :-)

Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-06 um 22.17.53.png

• Topic Author
  • Facial rigging... I think Vray would render that even better. Arnold, too, but it's too expensive. 

IMG_3060.JPG