Sign in to follow this  
mulinskibros

Motion Vector wrong direction in AE

I've rendered a multipass image: motion vector.

Use MV pass with RSMB Vector, and it looks like this:

Where to make right setup for MV ?

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg

for best results render your motion vector 32bit. after import right click on your motion vector footage in AE and select "interpret footage" >> "main", then go to colour management tab and check "preserve rgb"... in a perfect world that would be it, but we're not done yet. you also need to render out an object buffer for your to be blurred objects and use that as a mask for your motion vector. precomp that and use that comp as your RSMB input.  wait, no, still not done. for optimal results precomp that precomp again to be able to apply a simple matte choker to the first precomp and play with the values until you get correct looking results. so you would tell RSMB to look at the second precomp which contains the first precomp which has the choker applied and contains the masked motion vector. sorry for the convoluted workflow, but that's the only way i know of to get motion vectors to work correctly.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • On other projects this method is working.

But on my RealFlow, as in the topic pic - It doesnt work.

Maybe cause the color of the RF liguid in motion vector is "strange white-purple?"

10 hours ago, mulinskibros said:

On other projects this method is working.

But on my RealFlow, as in the topic pic - It doesnt work.

Maybe cause the color of the RF liguid in motion vector is "strange white-purple?"

ah, i see.... sorry i missed that in the beginning. that's because the realflow mesh isn't actually moving. it's an independent mesh built for each frame. i'm afraid you will have to render sub frame motion blur directly instead of doing it in post then... motion vectors won't work here unfortunately.

• Like 1