Igor

Cinema 4D R20 available NOW!

MSA fulfillments for customers in North and South America will begin to go out today. Unfortunately release day was a holiday for those of us in the United States, so we're a bit delayed. Sorry.

The US also doesn't use the ePortfolio system, so don't worry about that - you'll be emailed serials and download links soon. 

In the meantime, I'd encourage you to download and activate the demo for full save capability. You will however need to download a separate commercial install once you receive your MSA fulfillment.

• Like 1
  • Namaste 1

Thanks for the clarification Rick! I figured Labor Day was the reason it wasn’t in my inbox the other day, but it is good to have the official word to clear it up.

• Topic Author
  • On 9/3/2018 at 10:16 PM, aeko said:

I'm in the exact same boat. Bought the MSA, can't get R20. Not cool.

On 9/3/2018 at 9:44 PM, flashgiz said:

I've purchased the annual MSA subscription on August 7. I can't seem to figure out how to upgrade my Cinema 4D R19 to R20. Also does anyone know how to register for the MAXON ePortfolio? I can't find an option to register, there's only sign in option. I feel like this whole MSA subscription is very convoluted :( . Or is it just me?

Folks, did you manage to get your copy of Cinema 4D?

Need to be a patient, little delay is expected. Doesn´t matter on day or two...

As Rick said on Cgtalk day ago:

"We plan to start fulfilling MSAs tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenient holiday. In the meantime, you can get started with the demo version but you will have to download a separate commercial installer when you get your serials. "

Personally I´m also waiting for package delivery. Expect recieving a shipment at the end of this week...

All the North & South America MSA fulfillments should now be complete (except for a few held for review). If you're still waiting in the Western Hemisphere, send me a PM or give us a call.

Well this is a first. 

Anyone having trouble with their temporary serial numbers?  I keep getting a message that the SN provided in the same email with the link for digital delivery is invalid.   Straight copy and paste and even passing it through a text file to insure there are no hidden and/or embedded characters at the beginning or end of the serial number from the email does not help.  Running Start.exe as a system administrator does not help either

Other than filing a case with MAXON support and reaching out to MAXON-USA (who are just phenomenally fast), what else can I do?  

...and here I was just thinking that C4D is the application I want to grow old with....and it rejects me.

...how sad.

Dave  

Currently got an email from my local reseller. Starting R20 no longer box version/package, electronic download only.

Is this for MSA users only or new customers also? I was looking forward to a  nice looking small package with usb key... :cry:

1 hour ago, bezo said:

Currently got an email from my local reseller. Starting R20 no longer box version/package, electronic download only.

Is this for MSA users only or new customers also? I was looking forward to a  nice looking small package with usb key... :cry:

Same here unfortunately... but I was told that you can contact MAXON DE directly to order the additional package with the USB key.

Yes, also my resseler offer package with usb for 25euro excl.VAT.

Since in e-portfolio I had unchecked digital download every time I visit, I was expect physical media instead of digital download from e-portfolio installer. When check e-portfolio in monday, serials was there but installer was disabled. When check it yesterday, installer was ready...

So, it is like it is...I´ll install at the evening and start downloading  gigabites of libraries...

I got it today.

The only thing I find a little bit weird is the "Quickstart Cinema 4D 20" document.

I believe MAXON should be thinking in phasing it out. Its content has practically not changed in the last three versions.

I find the public tutorials in Cineversity more valuable than that. It is rather a kind of long marketing brochure but not a "Quickstart" guide.

BTW I received at the start of the year a communication from MAXON indicating that, if I would like to receive an download copy of the next release I had to sign up to the ePorfolio.

If I would not register they would send me the USB key, but at an additional cost. (25€ if I recall correctly). So I got to download R20 today.