Stuggz

Multiple projection types on one object

Hi there,

Apologies if this has been asked often but I can't find it. 

I'm trying to get a look where I mix two types of shader on one rectangular object, one as UVW (so it can relate to edges of the object) and cubic... specifically, a plain-ish tiled charcoal sketch texture that covers the whole thing, but doesn't want to be stretched (hence using cubic) and a sort of vignette effect that'll give this rectangle dirtier edge areas, so i used uvw projection on that. 

I know I can acheive this by mixing layers together in photoshop, but I'm going to apply it to many rectangles of different proportions so want to be able to stay dynamic and not give horrible stretched textures, or a tiled vignette. 

..any tips? I expected the 'mix textures' checkbox to help but it only seems to do an 'add' blending mode, which would be the opposite of what I want... i need things to get grubbier/darker when the two materials mix.

Thanks in advance!

S

2 hours ago, Stuggz said:

I know I can acheive this by mixing layers together in photoshop, but I'm going to apply it to many rectangles of different proportions so want to be able to stay dynamic and not give horrible stretched textures, or a tiled vignette. 

You can use multiple projection type, each texture tag has its unique properties. 

But you have to give your materials some alpha, as if they don't have that each one of them is gonna hide the one behind it (most left is the base one and each one toward the right is on top of the previous one.)

• Like 1

3D is where your dreams come true ... or at least mine :D

You also have the projector shader that can change the projection within the material, you would have to check the manual for full details tho.

Deck