Heretolearn

11 identical objects in a half-circle

Hello,

I've attached an image showing what I'm trying to do. Basically, I'm trying to make 11 identical polygons in the correct place. 

I've tried using the Cloner effect and Array effect but I can't seem to figure this out. 

Either get the polygons in a half-circle, but then each polygon is rotated wrong. Or I get them to be rotated right, but then not in a half-circle. 

Hope I explained my problem okay to understand. 

Thank you!

C4dcafe.png

Not 100% sure what the issue is but you should be able to control everything in the cloner object. If your cloned polygons aren't rotated how you want them, use the rotation settings in the transform tab of the cloner. Use the rotation in the coordinates tab to rotate the cloner object itself.

• Like 1

It's hard to tell without a scene file, or seeing an image of what you're trying to model (it looks like a flange?  Or cap of sorts?)  But looking at your axis, it appears that your cloner is not in the center, or hub, from where you want the cloned objects evenly spaced.  Try using a Radial Cloner centered at the middle of the circle (see screenshot with blue arrow), and adjust the start/end angle of the radial cloner.

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 7.29.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 7.31.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 7.31.11 AM.png

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, esmall said:

It's hard to tell without a scene file, or seeing an image of what you're trying to model (it looks like a flange?  Or cap of sorts?)  But looking at your axis, it appears that your cloner is not in the center, or hub, from where you want the cloned objects evenly spaced.  Try using a Radial Cloner centered at the middle of the circle (see screenshot with blue arrow), and adjust the start/end angle of the radial cloner.

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 7.29.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 7.31.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 7.31.11 AM.png

Yes, that's it. Thank you!