HSrdelic

C4DCafe - Introduction to R20 Nodes

How come the MAXON manual does not cover nodes? Tutorials are always nice but I would prefer to read the manual first and decide if I need tutorials afterwards. 

The help is in the making, unfortunately the english translation isn't finished yet. The german help is available though.

• Like 1

Each year the same , my questions why making different languages if the client that doesn't speak german can't get access to the info the same day. For the french translation same thing for years I don't know how it's organised by MAXON but it'es really a mess :ohmy:

Shame that there is no English help for nodes, I am digging through and have hard time with some. Anyway, quick review follows. Great training as usual, probably your best in terms of narration, excellent quality and content. You are like a Scott Pagano for Houdini, but even better due to your mild eastern accent (Russian?), which I mean as a compliment. It is obvious from get go that you have a lot of mileage in this. You really gave me a good push into material system, which is something that was always a bit foreign to me. MAXON should just pay you to do this trainings and distribute them with Cinema. I would recommend this to anyone interested in material nodes .

Matt

2 hours ago, mbyrne said:

Shame that there is no English help for nodes, I am digging through and have hard time with some.

Surprised MAXON would release a new version and not provide any help for a new highlight feature such as Nodes. They must know that users will  struggle without it.

• Topic Author
  • 18 hours ago, mbyrne said:

You are like a Scott Pagano for Houdini, but even better due to your mild eastern accent (Russian?)

Thank you very much, I really do put a lot of effort in trainings and want to create fluid experience for people.

Aaaaan I am not Russian although I am Slavic (Croatian) but your presumption is usual for people in the US :)

Never had the chance to meet Scott but I recall overhearing his name few times in relation to Houdini.

16 hours ago, Jimh said:

Surprised MAXON would release a new version and not provide any help for a new highlight feature such as Nodes

As far as I know, there were additional nodes added very late at cycle so the documentation didn't make it in time for translation. I am pretty sure it is a matter of days since German docs are already out.

Just finished the Fields training and will now tackle the nodes tutorials. Your style and pace is excellent as always. I was a Vertex Pusher 'student' so @HSrdelic, you've taught me close to everything I know about C4D.

I have realised now that from all the new additions in r20, I will probably use the open VDB Volumes the most. No urgency on this but do you have any indication as to when the tutorials for open VDB volumes will be released?

• Topic Author
  • :signthankspin:  for your kind words, makes me genuinely happy if I managed to help you learn a thing or two!

OpenVDB is in works, however it could take some time to release it due to very busy schedule ahead of me now. Sometime in November seems reasonable...

• Like 1

Great, you tutorials are always amazing and always went above and beyond expectations. Just purchased both nodes and fields classes. Waiting for my download links so I can start learn new stuffs. Can't wait to get the OpenVDB though. :)