• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, HSrdelic said:

It's a little to clean for prison cell ;)

maybe its unused  :lol:

It is fairly clean at the moment, i can dirty it up after if thats the only thing that it needs, I'm happy ::):

I think the metal fixtures are too shiny/chrome-like. And the vertical block wall with black mortar looks odd. I suggest turning the blocks to lay horizontally in a run pattern (offset rows), and make the mortar closer to the block color. The blocks also look to be a little too bumpy/rough. Perhaps scaling the bump down will help, lowering the bump amount - or both - would help. Last, I think the baseboards are out of place in a prison cell.

• Topic Author
  • On 9/17/2018 at 8:10 PM, Vizn said:

I think the metal fixtures are too shiny/chrome-like. And the vertical block wall with black mortar looks odd. I suggest turning the blocks to lay horizontally in a run pattern (offset rows), and make the mortar closer to the block color. The blocks also look to be a little too bumpy/rough. Perhaps scaling the bump down will help, lowering the bump amount - or both - would help. Last, I think the baseboards are out of place in a prison cell.

Thanks Vizn, Ill take this on board. I wasn't sure about the base boards, i get what you mean about the walls too ::):

On 9/19/2018 at 8:48 AM, poodles said:

updated version...

cell_0008a_HDR_copy.tiff

The stacked block wall still bugs me in this setting because a stack bond is not as strong as a running bond. Prison cells should evoke feelings of heaviness and strength in its materials and structure.

There are some scale issues too. I don't apologize for being American, so you will have to convert these measurements for yourself. :P

If we consider the average seat height is 18 inches and assume that the wall blocks are 6 in. high then the bed and toilet seem to be the right height. However, the chair and the table both fall under the averages. Standard tables range between 30 - 34 inches. Counters (sinks) are typically 36 inches (the shelf would need to move up too). With all that said, the lock on the bars may also be too low (I could be wrong), but I would lump it in with door knobs which can range as well, however 36 in. is a safe average. 

The bump scale on the blocks is too big. The texturing overall is what I will call 'game realism' where everything is sort of low-res, grunge is blobby, and finer surface details don't exist. Maybe that's what you're going for, but the use of high-res photos in your textures will push things closer to the realm of realism.

Hope this helps!

• Topic Author
  • thank you for your feedback it is alway valuable. I don't have a lot of time at the moment, but I will definitely give consideration to what you have said ::):