Info News:
  • C4D Cafe 2.0 COMING SOON!

Sign in to follow this  
Mennovandijk

What Polygon reduction modifier is this?

Hi, I was watching a Siggraph 2018 rewind video on Cineversity and I noticed that Matthäus Niedoba used a polygon reduction modifier which I cannot find in my version of R20.
If you look at the screenshot you see a blue polygon reduction icon (a modifier). I can only find a green one which is a generator and acts different than Matthäus is showing.

Does anyone have a clue?

best
Menno

polygon_reduction.jpg

It´s polygon reduction deformer (as you can see),but was not added into deformers palette. You can add into the scene with commander.

Press Shift+C and enter "pol" and you´ll find it in the list. With doubleclick will be added into the scene...

(Don´t ask me why it isn´t in deformers palette :D)

7 minutes ago, bezo said:

It´s polygon reduction deformer (as you can see),but was not added into deformers palette. You can add into the scene with commander.

Press Shift+C and enter "pol" and you´ll find it in the list. With doubleclick will be added into the scene...

(Don´t ask me why it isn´t in deformers palette :D)

Im guessing this was the old one left for compatability reasons as the updated one "green" one found in the modelling object modifiers had all the significant updates in R19.

Dan

Since it is not any info in help also, maybe it´s for remaining of ancient times :)

(something like dirt shader was for a years as "hidden" shader in few olders versions)

Thanks @Rectro for this info. I constantly have to reduce the models when I bring them in from Inventor (royal pain) from our engineers. Apparently they dont care about poly count.