• Topic Author
  • 17 hours ago, imashination said:

So just for future reference, you're saying there is a bios setting which disables pcie power?

I haven't got to the bottom of this yet, as there still seems to be an intermittent problem - it seems to flash on and off so possibly an issue with the motherboard. But yes in bios (for HP machines) there is option to change speed of pcie bus. It had been set at auto and when its forced to 3 it seems to work (although not always) I am wondering from looking at other blogs if the auto was being confused by some kind of power saving feature on the card. 

Ill post more here when I find out more

In nvidia control panel, when you go to Manage 3D settings, you have option "Power management mode", set this to "Prefer maximum performance", see if that helps.

• Topic Author
  • I installed an older nvidia driver and the system seems to work. Except I still cannot get DOF in the viewport - it's greyed out. Any suggestions about this?

Thanks for all of the help so far