asiejenski

Alternative to Points to circle

I am planning to add the possibility to control the radius of the circle, but for now I just made a quick conversion of the original COFFEE code into Python.

<file removed>

Edit: Just to point out, the original COFFEE script is not mine.

I don't want to take credit for this plugin, just provided a rewrite into Python.

Edit 2: I have removed the script file in this thread, as it has now been uploaded into the download section of the forum.

• Like 3
  • Namaste 1

• Topic Author
  • 48 minutes ago, C4DS said:

I am planning to add the possibility to control the radius of the circle, but for now I just made a quick conversion of the original COFFEE code into Python.

Points2Circle.zip

Edit: Just to point out, the original COFFEE script is not mine.

I don't want to take credit for this plugin, just provided a rewrite into Python.

Thank you very much :)

Is there any chance you could do that also with Ivy Grove or PolyCircle (I just discovered it searching for replacement for Points to circle, it's great)?

3 hours ago, bezo said:

Do you mean some modal dialog or shortcut way?

I am not yet set which direction I will be following for this.

But to be honest, I first need to convert all my own plugins to R20, so this script and its future options will have to wait.

2 hours ago, asiejenski said:

Is there any chance you could do that also with Ivy Grove or PolyCircle (I just discovered it searching for replacement for Points to circle, it's great)?

First, it is not my intention to convert everyone else's plugin or script to run in R20.

I quickly did this rewrite of the COFFEE script as I assumed it would take only an hour or two to complete, and allow many users to continue enjoying said script.

As for IvyGrower, I don't think this is a COFFEE script. So, it isn't just a simple rewrite. Additionally, that plugin might even be a commercial one (don't know, didn't actually check).

In order to rewrite a script from COFFEE to Python you actually need the COFFEE source code. If it isn't COFFEE, nor has it's source code freely available ... were do you expect someone to start?

Same with PolyCircle.

C4DS - excellent. Suggest you upload this file to the Cafe's download section. The points to circle script is one of the most downloaded files from the Cafe.

Having a radius adjust option would be super cool. Modo has a points (edges and polygons) function that works the same but with options to change the radius and spin the selection. I use it regularly.

• Like 1

As we say about anoanoW´s Polycircle plugin. I´m sure there will be ports for R20 on Hashimoto´s plugins. As I change email with him about updating one of his commercial plugins, he confirm work on updates...