Igor

ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES – MAXON IS HIRING!

My first two months as MAXON’s CEO have been a whirlwind, even though I have 20 years’ experience in the industry. I have gotten to know the culture here as well as the Cinema 4D community. I’m thrilled by the positive response to Release 20 — it inspires me to spend as much time as I can getting to know our customers and their needs so we can continue to deliver abundant releases. 

There’s been a lot of speculation as to my plans for MAXON and Cinema 4D. I will try to answer questions and provide outlook as we move forward. I can tell you that I believe we are currently in an amazing position, and the possibilities for the company’s future are endless. For the near-term, I am happy to share with you my top three goals:

Make MAXON a Truly Global Company. For two decades, the MAXON offices in Germany, the US, Canada and the UK have all collaborated extremely well. But our regional success has reached a stage where it is time to make MAXON a truly worldwide organization. 

Prepare for Future Growth. MAXON has experienced phenomenal growth, especially over the last 12 years and we anticipate even more significant expansion. Therefore, it is critical that we update our business processes to accommodate that, while maintaining our core principles as a customer-oriented company.

Hire More People! After reviewing our organizational needs, it’s clear to me we need to immediately increase the size of our team so we can reach more customers and create more amazing new features in Cinema 4D. We have an excellent team of motivated, inspired, creative and technical people who are really fun to work with but we need more help.

So, I would like to announce that MAXON is currently hiring! We are actively recruiting more than 18 positions worldwide. Some of the jobs are already listed on our  jobs page. If you don’t see a job that fits your specific skill set and you’d like to work at MAXON, we anticipate additional rounds of hiring as we grow, so keep your eye on our hiring page. Or better yet, apply anyway - we are always interested in people with a strong background in 3D, be it development, sales, marketing, product management, etc.

If there is one thing I learned in my first two months, it’s that MAXON is an outstanding place to work. We have an amazing team, customers who do inspiring work, and the best community in the industry. What more could you want? Come join us!

David McGavran

CEO

• Like 2

Hi!

Not sure it's a nice idea to write a letter as a job candidate being who I am, but "UX designer" and "3d generalist" got me caught! I like what MAXON do so much that I'll be glad to help them even as a freelancer or not being paid.

For example, I have wrote a big list of proposals to improve C4D experience, basically, it may be considered as a lite UX-report.

Do you think it's adequate to write them about that?

1 hour ago, Intenditore said:

Hi!

Not sure it's a nice idea to write a letter as a job candidate being who I am, but "UX designer" and "3d generalist" got me caught! I like what MAXON do so much that I'll be glad to help them even as a freelancer or not being paid.

For example, I have wrote a big list of proposals to improve C4D experience, basically, it may be considered as a lite UX-report.

Do you think it's adequate to write them about that?

UX design goes a good deal beyond thinking about feature improvements, it is however a part of our job.

A list of improvement ideas is commendable and certainly useful, but on it's own not that much.

The bigger problem is finding someone who is able to take seemingly disparate and clashing things and make them work together in a usefull way.

The biggest challenges i get as a UX designer for MAXON is to have certain technical options and limitations and quite different user expectations or worse existing workflow paradigmas that clash with the technical necessities. It can be a fun challenge though :)

By any means, apply for this, or any other of the job offers, but if possible go beyond what you showed with the list.

Cheers

Björn

• Like 1

Yes, I understand. As well as I understand that I am NOT a UX-designer, despite I feel I could put together complex things and concepts inside a logical interface.

Anyway helping your team and suggesting some things me and many others need everyday and influencing the development could be an awesome opportunity)

I have no access to real tasks you face so can't check myself. But how can I make something you'll really use in your work? Would be glad if you guide.

Of course, I'd rather be much better CG guy, but it's unlikely...(

Pretty good news from the sound of things. To go global I would hope that MAXON does away with the restrictions they place on 3rd party resellers. e.g. From New Zealand I can't buy C4D from a US reseller as I've done with other 3D apps like Modo and ZBrush.

• Like 1

This is great news.  They have badly needed to improve the rate at which C4D improves for a long time.  The one position that worries me is Software Developer GPU Rendering (Radeon ProRender), (m/f).  It might be ok if they also had in the job description must know AI.  This would help to speed it up to match other render engines if they are looking to speed it up and it badly does need to be spead up if it's going to compete at all.  Maybe Tensor cores could also be used to speed up rendering on Nvidia cards by 8x over AMD, but this would be strange that it would render faster with Nvidia then AMD.  Non-real time rendering is going away though so dumping ProRender all together would be the better option.  Instead I'd hire someone to integrate Nvidia RTX into C4D.  This would not only give real time rendering with GI it would also give real time physics simulation including a pretty good looking fluid simulator.  Get someone to program a really efficient way to calculate caustics with GPU or CPU and overlay that on top of the final image and it could be really wonderful.

4 hours ago, Fastbee said:

The one position that worries me is Software Developer GPU Rendering (Radeon ProRender), (m/f).  It might be ok if they also had in the job description must know AI. 

You are overestimating the number of available developers. If we were to post such specific job offers we would find no one. MAXON is very flexible in who we employ, so we can get those that fit the company, not only those that match a specific profile.

1 hour ago, srek said:

You are overestimating the number of available developers. If we were to post such specific job offers we would find no one. MAXON is very flexible in who we employ, so we can get those that fit the company, not only those that match a specific profile.

I'm confused by this statement in that you first state that you would find no one, but also that MAXON is flexible employing those who fit.  In other words if it was in the description "must know AI" the one appying should still know they might get the job if they apply and know nothing of AI, but would fit well.  I guess the words could also say "must be intereted in AI".  I'm just uncertain as to which part of my statement was unreasonable.

As well as fitting is concerned I had a thought about this.  Having people work together that get along with each other is something that is very nice and helps people to work better.  Though, different people get along with different people.  With such a small company it may not be possible, but there could be sub groups formed within the structure of a company so that a more diverse set of people could be hired.  Each person hired could be put into the group to work with based on their personallity and which group they would work better with.  The group, in theory, could be as small as two people if they both worked very well with each other.  The larger the group the less two individual personallities have to match.  I like to think about things like this.  Not sure if this will be at all helpful though.