Jump to content


Igor

ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES – MAXON IS HIRING!

Recommended Posts

You're over thinking this Fastbee.  Unless you're thinking of applying I wouldn't stress over it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Topic Author
  • @Fastbee , everyone here is getting along trust me, but we don't spend so much time together, you only spend 8h with your team, but for example when lunchtime comes, often we are many at the same room and having a small talk without any issues. At one point there was Croatian, Bulgarian, Russian, Indonesian, German etc. in the same room, at the same table having a small talk and eating a lunch, what more do you need? Everyone here at least that I know is super nice and always ready to help you if you need help. I am not sure could this be any better in terms of human relations at work! :)

    • Like 2

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, 3DKiwi said:

    You're over thinking this Fastbee.  Unless you're thinking of applying I wouldn't stress over it.

    I do do that.

     

     

    29 minutes ago, Igor said:

    @Fastbee , everyone here is getting along trust me, but we don't spend so much time together, you only spend 8h with your team, but for example when lunchtime comes, often we are many at the same room and having a small talk without any issues. At one point there was Croatian, Bulgarian, Russian, Indonesian, German etc. in the same room, at the same table having a small talk and eating a lunch, what more do you need? Everyone here at least that I know is super nice and always ready to help you if you need help. I am not sure could this be any better in terms of human relations at work! :)

    I'm not saying you don't get along.  No way for me to know.  I do know that companies hire based on personality though.  The general feeling for acceptable personality seems to be different at each company.  The people that do the hiring choose what they think is best.  What I was saying was if a company did want to expand the kind of personalities they could do something like that.  It was social theory more then anything.  It's late.  My mind starts to wander before I go to sleep.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    There is no personality type we are looking for. If you could see the current range of personalities that are working here you would know.

     

    • Haha 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    13 minutes ago, srek said:

    If you could see the current range of personalities that are working here you would know.

    :lol:

     

    That is certainly true. I rarely came across so diversified bunch than in MAXON...

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 52 minutes ago, srek said:

    There is no personality type we are looking for. If you could see the current range of personalities that are working here you would know.

     

    So true! :D 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 9/14/2018 at 5:23 AM, srek said:

    There is no personality type we are looking for. If you could see the current range of personalities that are working here you would know.

     

    In America lots of the people in charge of hiring have multiple qualified candidate for the position and choose the one based on who they like better.  I've heard they can go to other things like facebook profile and people they already know or had connections within the company.  When working at a company I could tell there was some personallity clashes going on.  Nothing huge, but it was there.  This is when I started to think of my theory to improve work environments to make people happier while they worked.  I think about a lot of things in my spare time.  As an example of what I'm talking about I've recently been studying a brain paresite that comes from cats called toxoplasmosis.  The effects of this are mild enough where a cat person and a non cat person could still work perfectly well together, but strong enough where I would recommend cat people and non cat people were kept from contacting as frequently and as long as people withing their own cat or non cat group.  If the person hiring was a cat person choosing between two with similar qulifications they would subconsciously hire the cat person over the non cat person as cat people like other cat people more.

     

    What I am getting at is I see no way for the people hiring to not subconciously pick certain peronality types.  It's just not possible.

     

    On 9/14/2018 at 6:56 AM, srek said:

    Yeah, they even took on idiots like Hrvoje, Igor or me ;)

    I've never met you three personally, but I know you are three of the nicest and smartest people I've never met.  Quite often when I post I get intellegent and professional replies from each of you.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    22 hours ago, Fastbee said:

    I've never met you three personally, but I know you are three of the nicest and smartest people I've never met.  Quite often when I post I get intellegent and professional replies from each of you.

    Well you should see us after few drinks in pub - that would certainly change your impression :P

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    22 hours ago, Fastbee said:

    In America lots of the people in charge of hiring have multiple qualified candidate for the position and choose the one based on who they like better.  I've heard they can go to other things like facebook profile and people they already know or had connections within the company.  When working at a company I could tell there was some personallity clashes going on.  Nothing huge, but it was there.  This is when I started to think of my theory to improve work environments to make people happier while they worked.  I think about a lot of things in my spare time.  As an example of what I'm talking about I've recently been studying a brain paresite that comes from cats called toxoplasmosis.  The effects of this are mild enough where a cat person and a non cat person could still work perfectly well together, but strong enough where I would recommend cat people and non cat people were kept from contacting as frequently and as long as people withing their own cat or non cat group.  If the person hiring was a cat person choosing between two with similar qulifications they would subconsciously hire the cat person over the non cat person as cat people like other cat people more.

     

    What I am getting at is I see no way for the people hiring to not subconciously pick certain peronality types.  It's just not possible.

     

    I've never met you three personally, but I know you are three of the nicest and smartest people I've never met.  Quite often when I post I get intellegent and professional replies from each of you.

    All interviews are usually held by one person from HR and at least the head of the hiring department. This ensures that it is not always the same people doing the interviews. From personal experience, as a cat person ;) , i can say that even within every department people here are quite diverse regarding personality and background. Please don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that we are all a happy little Family from the 50s, there are conflicts and clashes, but the important thing is that we tend to work well together.

     

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×