Sign in to follow this  
Fish

The Truth About 'Tags'

Hello Again,

My learning is coming along nicely interrupt by waves of  "C4D is different than Maya, go back to Maya. Screw This".   But I keep coming back to it and liking it more and more as come to understand it.  Here's my new question:

Fooling around with rigid body dynamics I realized the the Rigid Body tag and the Collision tag are the same tag. One with dynamics turned on and the other with dynamics turned off.

I investigated and found that in fact all of the simulation tags are essentially the same tag with different default settings.  'Presets', if you will.

So now I'm wondering if this is the case with all tag "categories"?  When I hover an item in the tag menu & the sub menu flyout pops up with all the 'tags' in that category, are they also all the same tag with different default settings like the sim tags are?  I admit I could do tests to find this out but it would take a little longer than this post.

I think understanding more of what's going "under the hood" will help me get past the superficial differences and see the similarities. 

Thanks,

Paul 

Generally tags are unique. Just so happens in this case that the dynamics tags are the same tag just with different default settings. What's quite clever is can create your own tag presets with your own settings and use those.

• Topic Author
  • 9 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

Generally tags are unique. Just so happens in this case that the dynamics tags are the same tag just with different default settings. What's quite clever is can create your own tag presets with your own settings and use those.

Cool.  I'm gonna look at how to set those up.  Thanks