Pucette

Synchronizing/jointing two animations

I have two files with a complexe animation in each one of them. The animation in both files start at 0 in the timeline. I need to import animation #1 in animation #2. The problem is, animation #1 needs to start at 0 and animation #2 needs to start later. How can I delay animation #2? Keep in mind animation #2 has several animated objects and dozens of key frames. 

Hi

If you  use motion clip's you can time every animation perfectly using the nla system.   Check my video on it. Chapter list is found from watching it on youtube.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • I'm not sure Motion Clips will work in my case. What I really need is to import file 2 into file 1, and tell C4D that frame 0 of file 2 becomes, let's say, frame 200 in file 1. So, in the first 200 frames, animations from file 1 will go one and then, at frame 200, animations from file 2 will start. Does this makes sens? So, if you look at the two animations here, I want the animations in File 2 to start only when the camera looks inside the house.

Once file two animation is placed into a motion clip you can place that at frame 200 without moving the orginal keys.  Providing both scenes dont occupy the same 3d space there should be no problem.  I use camera stage to change scenes so at frame 200 the camera is keyed to switch to scene 2 camera where the motion clip/s starts for scene 2.

I had a project where I had 5 sets each was meregd into one file, some of them actualy did occupied the same 3d space but was placed in nulls so I could turn the visibility off when needed.

Dan

cube 3 scenes.c4d