XtremoVill

How to model this

hello, well  i try to model a mask but idk how to fix this

i adjust the poligon like my reference but now , the form in corners its anormal, if u need any tutorials for me i apreciate

thanks

1.png

2.png

Best way to model this is to model over a head as a reference.  Use the polygon pen in polygon strip mode and build up the mask with projection turned on.  You dont have to make a high detailed face but you can use one from the content library, or sculpt a basic face.  Id have to see a much larger reference image as I cant see the details on my 14" screen, but thats how id go about it if it where me.  The issue you having is you need to get used to working in 3d space using front, side, and perspective not relying on just front or side views.  Its the perspective view that you need to keep a eye on to make sure you add curvature.    If you can upload the reference image I could offer a bit more help.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, Rectro said:

Best way to model this is to model over a head as a reference.  Use the polygon pen in polygon strip mode and build up the mask with projection turned on.  You dont have to make a high detailed face but you can use one from the content library, or sculpt a basic face.  Id have to see a much larger reference image as I cant see the details on my 14" screen, but thats how id go about it if it where me.  The issue you having is you need to get used to working in 3d space using front, side, and perspective not relying on just front or side views.  Its the perspective view that you need to keep a eye on to make sure you add curvature.    If you can upload the reference image I could offer a bit more help.

Dan

Kamikaze_2.thumb.jpg.4d53bf9bc10036ab94759cba9fb176c9.jpgKamikaze.thumb.jpg.15634d6728ad055e18dcd60636541114.jpg

6 minutes ago, XtremoVill said:

do u know some tutorial to learn ?

There is several things to learn here. You need to get the functionality of the modelling tools down as well as the polygon pen.  Depending on what method you want to take needs different skills.   

1:  Use retopology method over a proxy mesh requires that you make and sculpt that proxy mesh, this will help if your havent gained the skills yet to create curvature within 3d space, or know the 3d modeling tools well.  You still need to know how to use the basic sculpting tools, and the polygon pen.

2: Box modeling:  This is what you are trying to do, this can be done but your have to know how to re arrange the resulting polygons into a better edge flow, this can be tricky, edge loops in the eye here.

3: Poly by poly using the polygon pen with no proxy mesh.  Your need to know how to use the polygon pen, and how to arrange the polygons in 3d space as you go.

All in all there are a few things you need to learn and wont find it in one single tutorial.  If you intend to model all that detail your need to some good modeling skills, so id advice you get onto some modeling videos all of which can be found on youtube.  Paid for tutorials are going to get  you there faster.  If  you did intend to model all the details the sculpting method, then retopology will get you there a bit faster maybe, but would certainly help out getting the forms right.  If I get time tomorrow I maybe, and I say maybe can do you a getting started tutorial to get you going.

I did a tutorial on the polygon pen.

Here is a typical workflow using the preset head to retopo over.  This is of course only partly done.

Dan

mast retopo.jpg

• Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, Rectro said:

Here is a typical workflow using the preset head to retopo over.  This is of course only partly done.

Dan

mast retopo.jpg

thats a nice work , i need learn more , thanks for ur video