bobozd

changing Modo for C4D licence

You didnt specify what version of Modo you have, what version of C4D you want, and who will cover the transfer costs?

Dan

Since Foundry add as condition for transfering licence to other user to pay 1 year maintenance fee also ( $100 license transfer fee and $399 maintenance to The Foundry )

deals not looks as good as they were in the past. But still looks fine to buy a half less then in official store...

btw, Modo was/is the software what I want to try to use. Looks "more interesting" like Max or Maya for me. Have better feelings when looking on screenshots from Modo then other software. Only problem is short trial. Would be nice if Foundry will take MAXON as example and release no time limit trial...

1 hour ago, bezo said:

Since Foundry add as condition for transfering licence to other user to pay 1 year maintenance fee also ( $100 license transfer fee and $399 maintenance to The Foundry )

deals not looks as good as they were in the past. But still looks fine to buy a half less then in official store...

Also please correct me If Im wrong but the last time I looked the $399 maintenance was only given as a incentive discount for users who owned Modo before the new licences where put in place such as me as I own v901.  But if the maintenance at $399 has any break what so ever it jumps up to $599 for life there on.  If the OP is on the standard rate of $599 then so will the new owner.

Dan

I think that is right. Paradoxically, that makes version 9 more valuable than version 12, if you have let your maintainance lapse. The licensing of Modo is strange.

16 hours ago, Rectro said:

Also please correct me If Im wrong but the last time I looked the $399 maintenance was only given as a incentive discount for users who owned Modo before the new licences where put in place such as me as I own v901.  But if the maintenance at $399 has any break what so ever it jumps up to $599 for life there on.  If the OP is on the standard rate of $599 then so will the new owner.

Dan

Yes, you´re right. But $599 payed once (renewing maintenance) and $399 for every other year of maintenance. So,  600 dollars for geting last version on the market isn´t so bad, for example upgrade from R16 to R20 cost 2700euro (3000euro cost R20)...

btw, Did you sold  your Modo?

I saw some user with the same name as yours selling Modo last version?

I tried, but there is not much interest in buying Modo these days. A lot of people just use blender, if they are hobbyists. It is a pity, as Modo is one of the best SDS modelers. Personally, I am moving to Houdini as my primary 3D program.

• Like 1