Sign in to follow this  
Daninozz

possible to change particle object type?

Hey all,

Been watching youtube vids on how to use cinema 4D just some really basic ones anyway I am trying to create a rose particle shatter effect.

just like this video below

I have the actual effect done thats not the issue nor is the material Im just wondering if its possible to change the particle type from a square looking particle to an actual 3D object like a rose doing it for my daughter as her middle name is Rose, to make it easier to explain Im trying to change the particle look I was hoping there would be a option listed like object type, but sadly there is not hopefully someone can help me

Thank you :)

It doesn't look like that's possible with the Shatter deformer.  You will have to find a different method of turning an object into particles, such as a Cloner, Thinking Particles, or X-Particles.  I doubt either of those are options for you with Lite, however.

• Topic Author
  • 7 hours ago, natevplas said:

It doesn't look like that's possible with the Shatter deformer.  You will have to find a different method of turning an object into particles, such as a Cloner, Thinking Particles, or X-Particles.  I doubt either of those are options for you with Lite, however.

Oh really what a shame alright il look into other particle systems such as the ones you suggested thanks for your assistance.

• Topic Author
  • 7 hours ago, bezo said:

Yes exactly Benzo and now I would like to shatter that particle system, also how did you make the rose particles?

From the scene file it could be more clear, but it´s pretty straightforward...

- created Motext, added shatter deformer. Shatter deformer animated (frame 0 = 0 strength, frame 60 = 100 strength)

- created copy of Motext, shatter deformer animated inversly, but continue in timeline (frame 60 = 100 strength, frame 120 = 0 strength)

So currently you have 2 separate Motext shattered animations. First one will be used for render, second one will be used only as "surface for placement" for rose clones.

- Add Connect object as parent for second Motext and hide for viewport (in my example is also Fracture, but I was experimented with effectors, not needed in this case)

- Make some beautyful rose model and put into Cloner object added into the scene.

As could be seen, Cloner is in object mode and clone roses over "surface" of Connect object.

Done...

For cloner is added shader effector which scale up clones of roses.

It´s mainly for viewport speed, because you can set lower clone count and clones cover surface as well as high clone count

• Topic Author
  • 9 hours ago, bezo said:

From the scene file it could be more clear, but it´s pretty straightforward...

- created Motext, added shatter deformer. Shatter deformer animated (frame 0 = 0 strength, frame 60 = 100 strength)

- created copy of Motext, shatter deformer animated inversly, but continue in timeline (frame 60 = 100 strength, frame 120 = 0 strength)

So currently you have 2 separate Motext shattered animations. First one will be used for render, second one will be used only as "surface for placement" for rose clones.

- Add Connect object as parent for second Motext and hide for viewport (in my example is also Fracture, but I was experimented with effectors, not needed in this case)

- Make some beautyful rose model and put into Cloner object added into the scene.

As could be seen, Cloner is in object mode and clone roses over "surface" of Connect object.

Done...

For cloner is added shader effector which scale up clones of roses.

It´s mainly for viewport speed, because you can set lower clone count and clones cover surface as well as high clone count

I was following until I got up to the Add connect object part.

I did all the animation but getting the look of the Roses lost me. What do you mean by connect object and surface object??

Cheers

Don´t know in what point you´ve lost, but simply use my scene file and edit to your needs. ;-)

Under Cloner at the bottom of object  manager replace "Rose Object" with your own rose model (in appropriate scale)

• Topic Author
  • 21 hours ago, Daninozz said:

2 hours ago, bezo said:

Don´t know in what point you´ve lost, but simply use my scene file and edit to your needs. ;-)

Under Cloner at the bottom of object  manager replace "Rose Object" with your own rose model (in appropriate scale)

- Add Connect object as parent for second Motext and hide for viewport (in my example is also Fracture, but I was experimented with effectors, not needed in this case)

- Make some beautyful rose model and putinto Cloner object added into the scene.

Done...

That part is where I'm lost.

• Topic Author
  • On 9/20/2018 at 8:24 AM, Daninozz said:

On 9/21/2018 at 3:25 AM, bezo said:

- Add Connect object as parent for second Motext and hide for viewport (in my example is also Fracture, but I was experimented with effectors, not needed in this case)

- Make some beautyful rose model and putinto Cloner object added into the scene.

Done...

That part is where I'm lost.

Sorry, but don´t know what to say more. There´s few objects in the scene, simply explore all of them and you´ll understand setup.

Really it´s simple setup... (I´m not good teacher maybe)...

If I'm reading it correctly, Lite doesn't have Cloner

lite.png.f1b4aa248d7afd107a2e005b0edba23e.png