• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
Rectro

Ornatrix Hair Fur plugin for Cinema

• Topic Author
  • I had my first look at it yesterday, and while only the basics are added at the moment, it seems to work quite well.  I noticed that there are different ways to distribute the hair from presets, these make a huge difference in the way the hair looks.  Not sure if this will remain as Ornatrix for C4D does not use its own shader at present but uses C4D own one.  While it dont offer viewport changes to adjustment like clump from within the C4D own material these things still work onto Ornatrix which is nice.  I didnt get much time to play, but spending 30min with it 10min of which I actualy did any styling, here is my first render with standard render.

ZH4428w.png?1

Dan

Great job Dan. We're currently working with Redshift 3d guys to get their renderer supported, do you use any renderer besides C4D built in one?

You should be able to see clumps directly inside the viewport as well as modify them and clumped hair (using Edit Clumps and Edit Clump Hairs options). You can also adjust individual clump parameters. Many more features are coming, as you mentioned, however feel free to let me know what you think should be prioritized.

• Topic Author
  • Hi Marsel

To get clumping I had to use the clump option from C4D own hair material, I cant see any hair options for clumping within Ornatrix.  Im using Ornatrix-C4D-0-0-2-16954  I will check again to see is another build is avalible.

My go to renderer is Vray,  It would be great if you could get the ball rolling to get it working with Vray4C4D.

Thanks Dan

3 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Hi Marsel

To get clumping I had to use the clump option from C4D own hair material, I cant see any hair options for clumping within Ornatrix.  Im using Ornatrix-C4D-0-0-2-16954  I will check again to see is another build is avalible.

My go to renderer is Vray,  It would be great if you could get the ball rolling to get it working with Vray4C4D.

Thanks Dan

Oh ok. I will take another look at clumping tomorrow then. And yes VRay is also on the map.

• Topic Author
  • 8 minutes ago, Marsel Khadiyev said:

Oh ok. I will take another look at clumping tomorrow then. And yes VRay is also on the map.

I removed it from the C4D preferences location for plugins put it in my root directory plugins, all the operators now show, it may have just needed reinstalling but now they show. I will check Ornatrix in more depth over week end, and see what I can get from it at this stage.

Thanks, Dan

• Topic Author
  • Here is a quick test I did today.  Although Ornatrix don't support Vray yet, I converted the hair to splines then used it for Vray render.  The thing to point out here was this hair took 2min to style, I intentionally didn't spend long on it as to see how hair does or does not intersect.  The Push away feature, and the way the guides are distributed seems to almost eliminate intersections.

Uh0BMJU.pngzO3epSp.png

Dan