Freemorpheme

Surface deformer

Can anyone get this torus to wrap to this cup?

Ideally I wanted the text to wrap to it, but I'd settle for the torus at this point. I feel like the surface deformer should just stick it on there, but instead it explodes into a million bits.

Thanks

project_test.c4d

The surface deformer calculates based on the object's UV layout.  Your object's UV's are not properly laid out.

To get the MoText to project, you'll have to either current state to object (to polygonal object), or do each letter separate.  Since MoText is procedural, it does not have UVs.  Because of this, I believe each letter is assigned the same UV space, so it will project, but all the letters are stack on top of each other.

Looks like you are using 17.  I saved this in 19.  In case you can't open, I took a screen shot of the UVs and a screen shot of the viewport. 

Hope this helps

project_test_UVs.c4d

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 11.27.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 11.28.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 11.32.41 AM.png

• Like 1

Another approach would be to create the text spline, set it's "Intermediate Points" to "Adaptive",  and make it editable (or use the Current State to Object command)

Then, from the "Mesh" menu, select "Spline/Project", in the Attribute Manager, set the projection to "View" and align you camera view so that it faces the text and the projection target object head-on. Then hit the Apply Button. 

• Like 1