Sign in to follow this  
rasputin

Spline isn't giving holes on Extrude

Hey Gang,

Have you any ideas for solving this problem?    When I  extrude a shape from a spline shape imported from Adobe ILLUSTRATOR...   in this case,  it's text----     C4D isn't giving me the holes in the letters where they should be.     (See attachment:    the P,   e and d and o  should have holes in their shapes).     Is there any way of fixing this,    either in C4D,  or in ILLUSTRATOR (prior to importing into C4D)  ?

Thanks,    ras

holes.PNG

Many times is problem with splines (not connected, duplicated, multiple disconnected spline segments etc.) Check maually splines if are ok.

Or post ai.file if you can for checking...

If you are on R19 SP2, try upgrading to SP3. There was a bug introduced with SP2 that had wrong results on the illustrator import if you had a "join spline" option on. Not sure what the exact name of the option was.

Author of the topic Posted

Guys,  I think I solved my own problem:   Sometimes ILLUSTRATOR exports its vector objects...   with the edges in duplicate.    Just as you suggested above,  bezo.    If there are duplicate splines,  C4D will respond by ignoring them (or getting them confused in its mind).      When I removed the duplicate spline in C4D,     the shape extruded perfectly.    I don't know yet how to prevent those "dual edges"  in AI,   but I'll surely figger it out.