Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Maunason

Making TP follow deforming surface

Hello,

I have a setup where I have particles following along a surface while swirling around it so to speak. Everything is kind of working as I want it to, except from that the particles are not following the deforming surface precisely enough. How can I fix this? And please note, X-particles is not an option :)

I've attached what I got so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm also open for other solutions for how to have particles swirl up and around an object in an somewhat controllable fashion.

Cheers!

TP_Follow_Surface_Test_01.c4d

• Topic Author
  • Endless thanks Teknow!

Your second example lead me to a solution that works, finally :)

I ended up letting the matrix create the spline around an undeformed cylinder, after which I made the splines editable and Surface deformed them onto my deformed guide shape. This was to get the splines following the surface continuously so that I simply could spline wrap my objects onto them and have them smoothly deform to the undulating surface.

Again, I really appreciate the help! This had been bugging me for quite some time, but I learned alot on the way.

So glad I could help! Thinking particles are really powerful. Sounds like a creative solution.