HSrdelic

Node based materials repository

26 minutes ago, mbyrne said:

Patent? how can that be patented? :lol:

If I am not wrong, modo and blender have them. Who is patent owner?

Afaik Nvidia

• Topic Author
  • Bevel tool is completely unrelated since it deals with geometry. It is 100% MAXON development. You are right about patents, some are simply, err... silly...

• Like 1

@HSrdelic @srek

I've noticed a lot of setups start from get context node which is quite incomprehensible to me. Help is really obscure there. Is it a context of object which has the material? What about scenes that were posted and material is not applied? I would like to see how simple things are done, such as how some presets were made. For example, how to do a circle or triangle shader? System look very powerful, I just need some basic building blocks knowledge and workflow guidance

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Get context simply provides you with scene/object and other data. I don't understand all the stuff in there thoroughly but have a solid insight. In reality you don't have to understand it all to make cool shaders :)

Here is a quick stab at circle shader. I have no clue how excatly circle preset is done, but I suspect it uses pretty much the same concept as I did. This can give you insight how this is relatively simple to do.

Circle.c4d

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lieber said:

@HSrdelic @srek

I've noticed a lot of setups start from get context node which is quite incomprehensible to me. Help is really obscure there.

Agreed.  It's GET CONTEXT and SET CONTEXT that mystify me the most.    They are to work in tandem?  Especially I don't know how to connect them with wires to other Nodes,  don't see where they belong in a "chain".  The helpfiles are indeed cryptic here.

Hope there will be some huge "in-depth" training on Cineversity about nodes itself. Resource editor with all kinds of input "classes" need to be explained really deep...

• Topic Author
  • I already covered nodes quite deeply in my training :)

1 hour ago, rasputin said:

It's GET CONTEXT and SET CONTEXT that mystify me the most

They can be used completely separately. I rarely use set context except override and that is mostly for UV manipulation...

That is great setup and thanks a lot for that link! That is a true gem! Please continue with these advanced examples, there is nothing available elsewhere.

@srek

if I understand correctly you work for MAXON too as Hrovje?  In what capacity if I may ask? Seems you are quite familiar with patents...

3 hours ago, lieber said:

That is great setup and thanks a lot for that link! That is a true gem! Please continue with these advanced examples, there is nothing available elsewhere.

@srek

if I understand correctly you work for MAXON too as Hrovje?  In what capacity if I may ask? Seems you are quite familiar with patents...

As a technical designer i am with the MAXON design department and one of the people involved in designing the new node system from the technical side. I'm not particular interested in patents, that specific one was an exception since i thought it pretty stupid.

• Like 1
    • Awesome 1