Sign in to follow this  
Hrvoje

Node based materials repository

Hope there will be some huge "in-depth" training on Cineversity about nodes itself. Resource editor with all kinds of input "classes" need to be explained really deep...

• Topic Author
  • I already covered nodes quite deeply in my training :)

1 hour ago, rasputin said:

It's GET CONTEXT and SET CONTEXT that mystify me the most

They can be used completely separately. I rarely use set context except override and that is mostly for UV manipulation...

• Topic Author
  • Simple triangle shader.

Triangle.PNG

Tri.c4d

• Topic Author
  • Here is a Ngon shader which is quite complex and great example to dissect. This one is translation from book of shaders. To change sides use the colored sides node.

https://thebookofshaders.com/07/

ngon_shader.PNG

Ngon_shader.c4d

That is great setup and thanks a lot for that link! That is a true gem! Please continue with these advanced examples, there is nothing available elsewhere.

@srek

if I understand correctly you work for MAXON too as Hrovje?  In what capacity if I may ask? Seems you are quite familiar with patents...

3 hours ago, lieber said:

That is great setup and thanks a lot for that link! That is a true gem! Please continue with these advanced examples, there is nothing available elsewhere.

@srek

if I understand correctly you work for MAXON too as Hrovje?  In what capacity if I may ask? Seems you are quite familiar with patents...

As a technical designer i am with the MAXON design department and one of the people involved in designing the new node system from the technical side. I'm not particular interested in patents, that specific one was an exception since i thought it pretty stupid.

• Topic Author
  • Srek can even print you a printer which prints printers that print printers :)

Here is a another one from book of shaders - Polar shapes. Use the color labeled node to change sides

Polar_shaders.PNG

Polar_shape.c4d

Hello to all . Today I worked on the effect of dispersion in glass. In Blender, I was able to easily get the result.
    IsmrZUu.jpg    

Attempting to repeat in C4D ended with the fact that I did not find at all the opportunity to mix several materials. In the example with Blender, I mixed three BSDF refractions with different colors, IOR and roughness. After added another BSDF reflections. As a result, received a glass with a dispersion.

P.S I would like to know if this is a time limit or will it be impossible to mix different types of BSDF with this system of nodes?

• Topic Author
  • Never attempted to do refraction effect with Nodes. You can currently only stack BSDF layers at the end of the setup, I don't know if that will change...

Downloading and using Filter Forge program might be a good place to get a ton of different node combinations for the new C4D nodes system.  The nodes would only have to be rebuilt in C4D.

4 hours ago, MHan said:

Hello to all . Today I worked on the effect of dispersion in glass. In Blender, I was able to easily get the result.
    IsmrZUu.jpg    

Attempting to repeat in C4D ended with the fact that I did not find at all the opportunity to mix several materials. In the example with Blender, I mixed three BSDF refractions with different colors, IOR and roughness. After added another BSDF reflections. As a result, received a glass with a dispersion.

P.S I would like to know if this is a time limit or will it be impossible to mix different types of BSDF with this system of nodes?

Cycles does a great job with things like this.  As HSrdelic said BSDF layers, or in cycles what would be called a "Shader", can only be added at the end in C4D.  Everything needs to be done before the last material node at the end.  Having more than one material node at the end is also a big no no in C4D as there is no way to tell C4D which to pick.  I'd recommend you get Cycles4D also known as Cycles for Cinema 4D from insydium if you want to use cycles in c4d.  Combined Filter Forge with Cycles and you will have way more options than are available in C4D nodes.