HSrdelic

Node based materials repository

• Topic Author
  • Srek can even print you a printer which prints printers that print printers :)

Here is a another one from book of shaders - Polar shapes. Use the color labeled node to change sides

Polar_shaders.PNG

Polar_shape.c4d

Hello to all . Today I worked on the effect of dispersion in glass. In Blender, I was able to easily get the result.
    IsmrZUu.jpg    

Attempting to repeat in C4D ended with the fact that I did not find at all the opportunity to mix several materials. In the example with Blender, I mixed three BSDF refractions with different colors, IOR and roughness. After added another BSDF reflections. As a result, received a glass with a dispersion.

P.S I would like to know if this is a time limit or will it be impossible to mix different types of BSDF with this system of nodes?

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Never attempted to do refraction effect with Nodes. You can currently only stack BSDF layers at the end of the setup, I don't know if that will change...

• Like 1
    • Namaste 1

Downloading and using Filter Forge program might be a good place to get a ton of different node combinations for the new C4D nodes system.  The nodes would only have to be rebuilt in C4D.

4 hours ago, MHan said:

Hello to all . Today I worked on the effect of dispersion in glass. In Blender, I was able to easily get the result.
    IsmrZUu.jpg    

Attempting to repeat in C4D ended with the fact that I did not find at all the opportunity to mix several materials. In the example with Blender, I mixed three BSDF refractions with different colors, IOR and roughness. After added another BSDF reflections. As a result, received a glass with a dispersion.

P.S I would like to know if this is a time limit or will it be impossible to mix different types of BSDF with this system of nodes?

Cycles does a great job with things like this.  As HSrdelic said BSDF layers, or in cycles what would be called a "Shader", can only be added at the end in C4D.  Everything needs to be done before the last material node at the end.  Having more than one material node at the end is also a big no no in C4D as there is no way to tell C4D which to pick.  I'd recommend you get Cycles4D also known as Cycles for Cinema 4D from insydium if you want to use cycles in c4d.  Combined Filter Forge with Cycles and you will have way more options than are available in C4D nodes.

• Like 3

• Topic Author
  • Here is an interesting one (thanks to pm suggestion) where you can visualise various math functions and what result they produce :)

I suck at math so I kindly ask anyone that is good in it to showcase some stuff!

Math_stuff.png

Math_stuff.c4d

• Like 3