• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
Bastardfilms

Solidworks file to C4D BIG problem.

Hi guys, i have a file from my company that is in solidworks format, svpj file, i have to open it in c4d in order to get the textures on but its impossible.

The file cannot be converted by them so i dont know how to approach this and i have to do it asap. I have try to download the trial version of solidworks but nothing, searching for converted pages like grabcad but nothing, so im asking if anyone in here have the software....Can you convert the file for me?? its a little one really.

Please help.

Rhino 3D can open Solidworks and save to many file formats incl OBJ, FBX,3DS etc.
You can download a trial version here:

https://www.rhino3d.com/download

Hope that helps,

Chris

• Topic Author
  • 10 minutes ago, pfx said:

Rhino 3D can open Solidworks and save to many file formats incl OBJ, FBX,3DS etc.
    You can download a trial version here:

https://www.rhino3d.com/download

Hope that helps,

Chris

Hi Chris, i have installed rhino and the software cannot open the svpj file

New R20 support import from Solidworks, if you send file, I could try to open/convert to c4d for you...

Rhino can open a Solidworks .sldprt or sldasm file. You have a .svpj file, which appears to be a visualisation file.

Ask your colleagues if they can provide a .sldprt or sldasm file or save it out as a STEP file, which you can import.

See how you go with Bezo.