Sign in to follow this  
JBlack

Help Request - Animated material

I'm not 100% sure if this feature is new and exclusive to R19 or not.

But, how do I first make this material? then, how can I animate it with sound?

Actually, scratch the last bit. I'm familiar with Mograph effectors. Slowly getting there with expresso. After being able to make the material, I will probably have to come back and ask for help with the expresso part.

So here is a screenshot of the material I am trying to recreate. This screenshot is a video grab. It is from a tutorial floating around, but it makes no mention of this material. it just uses it as a demo/mograph in the tute.

So if anyone can tell me how I might make a material that can place a hexagon within a hexagon object. I've been tinkering all morning. Ive got some interesting results. however, none are what im looking for :D

Thank you in advance and I can't wait to hear your suggestions :D

20181009_002792.jpg

20181009_002793.jpg

• Topic Author
  • Would you believe I have not stopped researching this since I made the OP above? I have not figured out how to do this material (let alone animate it in sync with audio). I am actually starting to think it will require a plugin. It could be using the Formula Effector (in which case I am Stumped and Stuffed). The only other workaround (but I'm pretty certain it won't work very well) is to create an image in photoshop and somehow animate it with keying and mograph cloner/sound effector