• Topic Author
  • Rendered in C4d then worked on in Affinity photo to give it more painterly look.  There will be close ups on it so I thought it merited extra attention. 

lenore portrait final.jpg

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Another small detail to the set. It was fun to design the label so I hope it's somewhat visible in the final cut. 

Absinthe.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CApruzzese said:

Another small detail to the set. It was fun to design the label so I hope it's somewhat visible in the final cut. 

Absinthe.jpg

Me too, with the pentagram it has a creepily authentic look for a bottle of Absinthe.

• Like 2

• Topic Author
  • Still moving on this. Last week I recorded the narration with my voice actor and this week I've spent about 10 hours  editing that and adding sound effects and music. At 9 minutes this will be my longest project. I noticed in the poem the chair is violet, not green so I changed that. Still working out how literal to take some things. 

Raven_test05.jpg

• Like 3

Hi - one thing that stands out to me - you've got this roaring fire in the fireplace, but it seems to be giving off absolutely no light.  The inside of the firebox should be glowing and that should spill out onto the floor.  You can do some nice spooky lighting and shadows with this. Keep going!

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • That's all true! I am going for a different look, I did a more realistic fireplace in this film:

https://youtu.be/xg3T2Bfamm4

If you advance to about 1 minute 20 seconds you can see what I did. For this one I wanted less frenetic lighting effects but I might change my mind as I advance. There is a very strong spotlight in the fireplace but it's not casting shadows for some reason. My goal was to reduce the importance of the fireplace visually but you have me thinking that might not be the best idea! 

I tried something else and you changed my mind.  I can keep it less real but still have some dramatic effect.  Merci! 

fireplace shot test.jpg

Edited by CApruzzese
    changed my mind