Sign in to follow this  
Adrien

Turntable using Pro Render

Hi everyone,

Here is a little project I did using Pro Render with R20. Seems like a very capable render engine to me. Will definitely start using it in production for pack shots.

All your comments/questions are welcome.

Cheers,

Adrien

Technics_MKII_0012.jpg

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for the tips. I don’t wan’t to spend more time on this though. I took this as a quick modeling/rendering exercise to test pro render and build some props to populate a bigger scene. I’m still struggling with bump maps in pro render though.  The reflections get all messed up when I apply a basic noise either in the bump channel or  In the reflection channel. I read  in the help file that the low epsilon value might be the root cause so I’ll try cranking it up. I really like pro render though. It’s a lot more artist friendly than  biased engines with  zillions of parameters. 

• Topic Author
  • 10min. Just a simple 3 PBR light setup. No hdri sky. 150 passes. Résolution: 1920x1200. 

[edit] sorry the resolution is 2560x1600. 

• Topic Author
  • I use a Mac book pro 2017. It's quite ok for still images. Physical/standard render engines  have become so slow with PBR that I had no choice but to switch to Pro render. I've really liked it so far and got hooked when I saw Yan Ge's renders. It still lack features but it's already very capable for production IMO. 

Here is an updated visual. Still a lot of textures to fix but it's coming along. Also rendered in Pro Render. I'll keep adding props and post my progress.

Music_0001.jpg

• Topic Author
  • Another WIP image. Love the DOF on this one. Rendered straight from Pro render. No post. 

Music_0002.jpg