vanderleden

R19 doesn't jive with macOS Mojave

Mojave sucks as far as R19 is concerned 

I've gone back to macOS Sierra

anyone else encountered performance issues with Mojave and C4D especially ?

to be honest I'm healed from macOS latest and "greatest"

• Topic Author
  • Cycles 4D for starters laggy (moving the nodes is like watching a wheel spin in slow-motion)

Standard Shaders double click to create Shader takes way too long until the shader preview is rendered

and some polygon modelling doesn't feel right as if Tim Cook looks over your back with a remote to slow you down all the time

I stick with Sierra no matter what comes next but Windows is not gonna happen ever as I have invested too much on Mac software to make a switch 

Cycles is not Cinema :)

So, standard shader creation takes long? What modelling slowdown do you experience exactly...?

I don't have any issues at all on OSX Mojave with R19...

• Topic Author
  • it's all laggy of sort

you can model but it's not as fast as you're used to

that sort of thing

you know something's not right with your Mac that kinda feeling and you get the urge to reinstall Sierra, badly like right f.... now

maybe the graphics card or that Mojave is pushing Metal and OpenGL at the same time (?)

I have that monster of Intel... you know.... yeah... monster....

back in Sierra now everything runs butter smooth 

Many people don't know this, but rendering will happen at a different speed depending on the os even with the same processor.  If the code was changed with the os of mac it can definitly effect the speed.  I'd be surprised if it was only c4d that had the speed change.  Please try out other software and let us know if they are also slow.

It could also be a thing of where your mac got too old and they decided it was time for an "update" that would slow down your "old" system so you would be forced to "upgrade" if you wanted to remain going at the same speed.  This is an actual thing apple does that software engineers at apple have confirmed.  The software will have built in code that will make your system go slower.  I could go on and on about their shady busniness practices, but this recent slow down might not be the fault of c4d.

• Topic Author
  • 6 hours ago, Fastbee said:

Many people don't know this, but rendering will happen at a different speed depending on the os even with the same processor.  If the code was changed with the os of mac it can definitly effect the speed.  I'd be surprised if it was only c4d that had the speed change.  Please try out other software and let us know if they are also slow.

It could also be a thing of where your mac got too old and they decided it was time for an "update" that would slow down your "old" system so you would be forced to "upgrade" if you wanted to remain going at the same speed.  This is an actual thing apple does that software engineers at apple have confirmed.  The software will have built in code that will make your system go slower.  I could go on and on about their shady busniness practices, but this recent slow down might not be the fault of c4d.

it's old

late 2014 Mac mini

i always tend to stay at least 1 year behind regarding osx updates... each year i hear those stories of this and that not working or not working properly anymore. 

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, everfresh said:

i always tend to stay at least 1 year behind regarding osx updates... each year i hear those stories of this and that not working or not working properly anymore. 

hmm... 

me too, in fact for years

High Sierra ain't working that great either in my case

Sierra is the best choice for me right now but at least I gave High Sierra and Mojave a try

2013 iMac, not problems at all with C4D or Xparticles etc. I don't have Cycles. The transition to manage was super smooth for me. 

• Topic Author
  • 12 hours ago, CApruzzese said:

2013 iMac, not problems at all with C4D or Xparticles etc. I don't have Cycles. The transition to manage was super smooth for me. 

what graphics card do you have ?

I have a crappy Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

maybe that's the problem ?

2 hours ago, vanderleden said:

what graphics card do you have ?

I have a crappy Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

maybe that's the problem ?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB graphics

You might be right! The card might be the problem! I usually use the updated graphic card software from Nividia but they have not updated it for Mojave yet so I am using the Mac version and so far I don't see a difference.