Info News:
  • C4D Cafe 2.0 COMING SOON!

Sign in to follow this  
WusikiJeroni

Nodes issue

Ohh. Yeah! I've finally been looked need topic.  So, let's start

I try to make anything looking like the example in help manual. But it doesn't work. Why?

33mt718t8wwc.jpg

767320t65qhl.jpg

5n38r1syh8ld.jpg

I also tried to use the random asset to make anything looking like the image attached below. (standard mat with variation shader). The random asset also doesn't work.

fnl6bhvcdg9d.jpg

You are missing the information on the number of all objects. See the attached modified scene. Also check out the Multi Shader node.

nodes-2.c4d

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, srek said:

You are missing the information on the number of all objects. See the attached modified scene. Also check out the Multi Shader node. 

nodes-2.c4d

Thanks. Works. Then, manual has a mistake.  I have another question. The variation shader in a standard material can change hue/lightness/etc in blend textures. And I can set the intensity of that. How to do anything like that? I know there is the variation count asset but I can't limit values. Or maybe there are alternative ways?

default.jpg

There is no direct equivalent, but the "Render Object" node gives you information like the object index, Polygon ID etc. which you can either feed into a Has node or some other setup to create individual colors or shading for each element. Since the IDs don't follow any exact rule but are based on the current state of the objects and the scene over all there is no linear relationship between them, thus something like the Hash node might be best for what you want to do.

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, srek said:

thus something like the Hash node might be best for what you want to do. 

Can you check out what I have done wrong? Values in nodes get int value?

nodes2.c4d

Salt and seed are integer inputs, if you put a float to them it will be autoconverted. The setup does not make much sense here since the hash node does not care about a specific range of input values, it creates a new hash value for every input value. Just connect the object index to salt or seed (the two are just added internaly anyway).

Maybe read up on what a hash function does.

• Topic Author
  • 9 hours ago, srek said:

Just connect the object index to salt or seed

So then why does it not work?

default.jpg

47 minutes ago, WusikiJeroni said:

So then why does it not work?

default.jpg

The autoconversion of a float between 0-1 is your problem, due to rounding you effectively get only one integer value, 0 or 1. The divison made sense to feed a gradient, which expects 0-1 for position, but not the seed or salt that expect unique integers.

• Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, srek said:

The autoconversion of a float between 0-1 is your problem,

Okay. Thanks. Then how to limit values? I've tried to change values of maximum and seed but I can't reach need effect. And sorry for a large number of questions.