Info News:
  • C4D Cafe 2.0 COMING SOON!

Sign in to follow this  
rasputin

Can I turn off mesh view in UV EDIT?

Hey guys,

A question:  I'm in UV EDIT mode (see screencap).    Usually in this view,   when you're using the Magnet tool to slide UV's around your bitmap texture,   you always see the mesh covering your model.     And yet the mesh gets in the way sometimes.    Is there any way I can use the Magnet tool...    while temporarily hiding the visibility  of my mesh?   I would like to see only the underlying bitmap texture on my model as I make extremely fine tweaks...   mainly to prevent areas of stretching.    Thoughts?

Thanks,   ras

50056734_UVEdit.PNG.8e7a524ec4dbe51d767317dad8f9fa35.PNG

Art is mostly about liking things.---   Andy Warhol

Try using two panel views with different Display settings! 

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, Igor said:

Try using two panel views with different Display settings! 

Wow... I never thought of that.   Thanks,  Igor!      How do I open a new panel within the UV EDIT space?

Window menu then "New View Panel". You can then dock this into the interface if you want or use it as is and then close when you're done.

• Topic Author
  • 20 minutes ago, 3DKiwi said:

Window menu then "New View Panel". You can then dock this into the interface if you want or use it as is and then close when you're done.

Thanks,  Kiwi.     I did what you said,   and have opened a New Panel View,  as you see,  on the right.     The problem I run into is that both the main view... and the new View...     both show the model with its polys showing...      I guess this is because they are showing the same Perspective view.      Can I have a new Perspective View window that is not linked to the main view... which isn't showing the polys?    What I mean is,    one view showing UV EDIT mode,  the other window showing Texture mode.

Thanks,   ras
    1444481438_newpanelview.thumb.PNG.ee94aee797787599224e50eb60ef8a19.PNG

Notice each viewport (perspective, top, front, right/left) has a dedicated menu bar? Change the setting in the 'Display' menu as you like and you're good to go.