Sign in to follow this  
EAlexander

Vray for Cinema now at Chaos Group

On 11/2/2018 at 1:11 PM, Adrien said:

No perpetual license?

For those like me on Mac, rendering options are getting really scarce: physical is terribly slow, octane/redshift  won’t work with AMD cards, Arnold costs an arm and a leg (rental only)....Another reason for me to jump ships, buy a PC and a redshift license...

please prove me im wrong but this feels like bad news for Mac users on a budget. 

No offense, but isn't "Mac User" and "on a budget" in the same sentence a bit... contradictory?

I'm excited CG will take over the dev, but the higher cost and only 1 node for a version that is only changing proprietorship and already built seems harsh. 3.7 should be perpetual so those of us VRay adherents can move to R20, then CG can work to get us on the NEXT version prior to R21. I can see having 3.7 expire only if it had come out BEFORE R20, but since it is after, we should be given perpetual access to the final Laublab version during the R20 cycle. It is perpetual with 3.6, but only up to R19.

As it stands, I guess I won't get to use VRay with Volumes until R21 and NEXT.

4 hours ago, Vizn said:

As it stands, I guess I won't get to use VRay with Volumes until R21 and NEXT.

If you have xparticles they introduced volumes that work identical to R20 in their latest update.  So you can use volumes with R19 and vray.

On 11/7/2018 at 12:27 AM, DasFrodo said:

No offense, but isn't "Mac User" and "on a budget" in the same sentence a bit... contradictory?

ahah, I was expecting this one . ;)