usbport

Cinema 4D mentorship

Hello everyone!

I'm a rookie in this vast 3D world. i'd like to explore it in great detail. Being a self taught software engineer, I learned the value of mentorship the hard way. I've used so many bad workflows, done so many stupid mistakes and wasted enormous amount of time fixing them.  In almost all cases, I didn't really understand what's going on and was missing some crucial logic needed to perform the task.  

Fast forward to today, and I am on a new very exiting journey. I've got 500hrs in the next two months, that I'd like to spend on learning cinema. My desire is to master motion graphics and photo realistic product design. These are some examples that I'd like to be able to create: https://streamable.com/gkyjy , https://streamable.com/yd6cz.

I looked at https://www.MAXON.net/en/training/online-learning/ for starting points and completed Lynda's "Essentials training" and Greyscale Gorilla's "Introduction to c4d", but I am left with more questions than I had before. There is so many settings and effects left that I don't understand as good as I should. Tutorials just jump into adjusting sliders without providing sufficient background on the topic. Often, many settings work hand in hand and I find myself randomly adjusting each one and hoping for a good result. Very reminiscent of my early developer days.

What learning path do you recommend that I take? What is an efficient way of learning realistic motion graphics? I really want an in depth understand of the tool, and it's many features.  Adjusting the sliders without knowing exactly what I am doing will just left me miserable. I have a little to zero background in 3D stuff, but I am comfortable with After Effects and Photoshop.

Thanks for all your tips. 

Cheers, Mitt