Markytron

Workflow for high volume dynamic cloner?

I am trying to create a pile of leaves. These need to be dynamic and have self collision so they don't intersect.

I have  managed to set the behaviour of a few leaves using low quantity of clones which drop on to a floor object. 

The problem comes when I increase the number of clones to any decent quantity. I need to let them settle so that I can set the Initial State but C4D basically locks up as my CPU can't handle it.

So, how do I get to save an initial state when I can't play the timeline?

FYI the leaves are a mesh with 14 polys and with soft body dynamics on as I want them to flex.

Not sure which machine you are using but I have no issues with the scene. It is slow but that is unavoidable...  I attached a version with settled leaves, does that help you?

For proxy I would use a simple approximation of bounding box cube then simulate them. You can then use inheritance effector with high poly mesh and simply transfer to those simulated positions...

fall_stripped_0002.c4d

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for that, though I noticed the cloner count has been dropped to 10, 10, 10 in your scene. Mine was set to 30, 30, 30 (though I had a display tag to limit this).

I will have a play with the inheritance effector and see if I can get it to work.