hey everyone. i want to put this sheet over bed. i deform a simple plane and then simulate the softbody. when it touches the bed it forms really good. but in the air and middle way its solid.

image.png.86f5db8c4ecbd67d37a9bdb028ca539f.pngimage.png.46569f6ac8d5c9f75e9fcd32bd9ffe66.png

how to make it kinda lose it form in air and becomes better looking in animation? maybe use morph tag?

the scene is also included. Thanks ^_^

soft body.c4d

• Topic Author
  • 31 minutes ago, Igor said:

Did you try using SDS generator? 

hmm maybe i did not explained it correctly. i did not mean its low poly. its not moving till touch the bed. so its not a good animation. we should blow a wind or something to it while its going down?

• Topic Author
  • Thanks guys. @CApruzzese it was same result as soft body. till reaching object wont do any changes. @Qoph yea that seems nice solution. i tried that time but i could not figure out what kinda thing should put there. cause its a collision and makes the sheet polygons crazy and mess it up. how you managed to do that?

nothing complicated, just a couple of separate horizontal cylinders animated to pull over. i reduced the gravity in the project settings that the impact is not so harsh something like 500. give it a spin. also i would reduce the amount of poles and make them bigger below to make it look even more natural. or try spheres. just important that the timing is right, imagine a ninja sword cutting a mm of fibre off just before the blanket passes, a super fast kiss.

1495557700_Bildschirmfoto2018-11-23um10_41_12.thumb.png.4dc85b7e3f4883e4fdb7b40756093847.png

• Like 1