Sign in to follow this  
Janine Pauke

Illumination (animation)

Finally managed to complete my little movie! Rendered with Octane. Took a while on my single graphics card. ;) But was totally worth waiting for.

Very nice, I like it! Did you combine the latest wips or you just posted parts of anim :) ?

That is wonderful! So creative

looks really good, i like the overall mood a lot. one little detail that catched my eye though: when the paper boat spins it looked a little unnatural, mainly because the water ripples didn't  change their behavior accordingly. also if there was some very slight banking and bobbing up and down of the boat might help. 

• Topic Author
  • 12 hours ago, HSrdelic said:

Very nice, I like it! Did you combine the latest wips or you just posted parts of anim :) ?

Thanks! The wips were from the larger animation project. That was before I had animated everything. But I had the whole thing planned in my head from the start. And I'm glad I had the time to do it all. In the meantime I've started making a video tutorial, that's what keeps me busy now. :)

• Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, everfresh said:

looks really good, i like the overall mood a lot. one little detail that catched my eye though: when the paper boat spins it looked a little unnatural, mainly because the water ripples didn't  change their behavior accordingly. also if there was some very slight banking and bobbing up and down of the boat might help. 

Hey, thanks for your feedback. :) Yeah, I'm not an expert when it comes to water and fluids... It's just a formula deformer making the ripples. One day I'll have to invest in something proper for fluids. :)